Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
It's a bit early but, E3 hopes/predictions/thoughts etc...
I've seen a couple of videos of people talking about E3 today and all the major subjects came up, so I'm wondering what everyone here is expecting this year. 

For me, the thing I like to talk about most are possible  predictions for E3. With that in mind I have a few, some that are probably safe, some that aren't likely, but still things I'd like to see that might happen.

Here's a list of what I think is going to happen.

FF15 Release Date
Kingdom Hearts III will be announced officially for next year
Level 5 will announce Ghost Watch for the west on the 3DS to be released around Halloween like Fantasy Life was
Bravely Second will get announced for next year
Fire Emblem IF will at least get a few new trailers/possibly an English dubbed trailer 
Borderlands 3 will be announced for fall
The full details of Arkham Knight's 40 dollar season pass will be shown to us, likely near the end of the Sony Conference because PS4 seems to be getting the better deal with this game
Uncharted 4 will get a story trailer with no new information on the release date 
Destiny will get a new season pass announced for DLC which will release in September. A second one may be on it's way early in 2016. I say this because there are so many references throughout the game that hint to a year 2, which likely means more expansions.
Final Fantasy Explorers will get a Western release date
Halo 5 guardians campaign will be better explained to rid us of questions
Assassin's Creed Syndicate will be played at least once during a conference 
Overwatch will get a new trailer with details on it's release date and a possible new character
Square will release info about at least two games we've never heard anything about, at least one of which that will not be an RPG

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. SO, let's talk E3.
2 things I'm hyped to see:
-Any Nintendo Announcments (STAR FOX)
-Batman: Arkham Knight
(...and maybe Battlefront.)
My predictions. 

-Konami will show something Metal gear related(bonus points if any protesters on Konami cancelling Silent Hills there)
-Nintendo will show a bit of Star Fox Wii U
- Square will show off news about the next FF game and KHIII
- Disney will show off new things for Infinity. 
- Wayforward will give us an update about Shantae:Half genie half hero(along with the possibility of them revealing that Shantae made it as DLC for Smash Bros)
-New indie games will be announced at E3 that will be showcased through demos and trailers

Thats all I can think of at the moment. 
Sony will show a few generic games we all expect, and a thing or two out of the blue. I predict it to be about a C/B grade.

Microsoft would want to actually try and save face here, so they might show gameplay of games, and a lot of games for once. Maybe a C grade, B if they actually try.

Nintendo will just be Nintendo, they'll show off Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon. The generic line up stuff, and maybe something new and interesting since they had a thing about having interesting IP's for the Wii U last year, so we might see something cool. I'd give them a B if they do show off some good games.

As for everyone else, I can't really say. Ubisoft's is always around a D, EA's is always around an E, and Konami might only show Metal Gear, so with the lack of games I'd say a D as well.

This year's E3 will be a C/D grade I suspect, but if they want to actually show off some games then it could possibly be a B this year.
Pretty sure we still have the exact same amount of information about the new StarFox game alledgedly coming out this summer as we did at last years E3.
(05-24-2015, 09:22 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Sony will show a few generic games we all expect, and a thing or two out of the blue. I predict it to be about a C/B grade.

Microsoft would want to actually try and save face here, so they might show gameplay of games, and a lot of games for once. Maybe a C grade, B if they actually try.

Nintendo will just be Nintendo, they'll show off Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon. The generic line up stuff, and maybe something new and interesting since they had a thing about having interesting IP's for the Wii U last year, so we might see something cool. I'd give them a B if they do show off some good games.

As for everyone else, I can't really say. Ubisoft's is always around a D, EA's is always around an E, and Konami might only show Metal Gear, so with the lack of games I'd say a D as well.

This year's E3 will be a C/D grade I suspect, but if they want to actually show off some games then it could possibly be a B this year.

Zelda U is already not going to be at E3 so unless they plan on another 3DS HD remake thing, I doubt we'll get Zelda. As for Mario, it's just gonna be Mario Maker stuff so I wouldn't think it would be too much of a thing. I also don't expect we'll get anything Pokemon either, it just seems so late to announce something for it this late. While I do think we'll get some Fire Emblem, I think Nintendo will mostly have to rely on surprising us to keep our interest this time around. We might get some Star Fox as well, although the game probably won't come out until late this year at this point.
My answer is the same as it was in the Games that you'd love to see at E3 but won't be at E3.

(05-09-2015, 03:47 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Anything new from Capcom. A rerelease of an old game or a new batch of DLC for an existing one does not count.

I wouldn't mind them announcing RE0 HD but come on, last E3 was a major letdown. Their "big announcement" last year ended up being yet another release of the first three Ace Attorney games and some DLC mode for a game I forgot.
I'm not going to speculate. It ramps up expectations for an event that I'm otherwise excited about.
(05-25-2015, 07:40 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: My answer is the same as it was in the Games that you'd love to see at E3 but won't be at E3.

(05-09-2015, 03:47 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Anything new from Capcom. A rerelease of an old game or a new batch of DLC for an existing one does not count.

I wouldn't mind them announcing RE0 HD but come on, last E3 was a major letdown. Their "big announcement" last year ended up being yet another release of the first three Ace Attorney games and some DLC mode for a game I forgot.

To that end we'll likely at least see something new about Project X Zone 2 which will hopefully be accompanied by a new game.
(05-26-2015, 01:22 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 07:40 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: My answer is the same as it was in the Games that you'd love to see at E3 but won't be at E3.

To that end we'll likely at least see something new about Project X Zone 2 which will hopefully be accompanied by a new game.

That "new" game being RE0HD that was just announced.
(05-27-2015, 03:00 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 01:22 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

That "new" game being RE0HD that was just announced.

Hopefully it's not just that. I really want to see them branch onto something new, outside of their more famous franchises, unless of course we get a megaman, because I'll take that happily.
(05-24-2015, 07:10 PM)CLXcool Wrote: -Konami will show something Metal gear related(bonus points if any protesters on Konami cancelling Silent Hills 

Honestly, I think they're just going to dip out of E3 entirely. MGSV is the only thing they have left, aside from a ton of burned bridges to the West.
[Image: mZY2cCs.jpg]
This image was floating around Twitter, I'm skeptical but still this would be awesome.
Hopeful E3 Announcment?
(06-04-2015, 03:43 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: [Image: mZY2cCs.jpg]
This image was floating around Twitter, I'm skeptical but still this would be awesome.
Hopeful E3 Announcment?

If this is shown at e3. I will be excited as hell.
I'd like:
  • A release date for SMT X FE in NA
  • A announcement for Theatrhythm Dragon Quest in NA and the announcement of Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm Tomb Raider
  • A release date for Kingdom Heart III
  • An announcement for the next Prince of Persia (more of a really really want)