Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AMIIBO
This is a thread to show off and compare your Amiibo collections, discuss functionality between games
or just talk about how cool they are!
I currently have 4 and plan to get more over the summer.
Here's a question from someone who knows nothing about'em.

Are they worth the price ? What do they do exactly ? Do you buy your Mario Amiibo for Super Smash and then Mario gets a special move ?

I've seen people with half a G's worth of Amiibos, and I'm here thinking, "that must be some of the most expensive DLC out there."

I'm surprised they're so popular.
(05-26-2015, 03:52 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Here's a question from someone who knows nothing about'em.

Are they worth the price ? What do they do exactly ? Do you buy your Mario Amiibo for Super Smash and then Mario gets a special move ?

I've seen people with half a G's worth of Amiibos, and I'm here thinking, "that must be some of the most expensive DLC out there."

I'm surprised they're so popular.

They're basically Skylanders but used in much more broader and creative ways. And it's Nintendo so of course it's gonna be popular.
As collectable figures there pretty high quality, not super but still good.
See, unlike Skylanders, Amiibo's can be used in variety of games and even between systems!
They usually unlock some unique costume but for special games like Super Smash Bros. For example, they let you create a custom NPC that you train, it even copies some of your battle stratigies! It's pretty cool.
Now each amiibo is $10-13 but they're also hard to find if your looking for a popular one, especially online.

Hope that was helpful!
I own two Amiibo (Link and Samus) and am currently only planning to get one more.
Got Inkling girl + Jigglypuff today, i have 4 Amiibo now (Wario, Kirby) and next week (Meta Knight and DDD).
By the way Splatoon is very fun to play.
I don't have any of the amibos(I don't have a Wii U) but I do hope that they make one for the Duck Hunt dog and duck. Oh. I'm not sure if you guys heard about this, but someone from the UK has stolen a lot of the Inkling Amiibos.
I don't have a single Amiibo, because they just don't really interest me too much, but I absolutely plan on getting the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, because that shit is so kawaii.

[Image: CBie675UEAAuyrB-515x241.jpg]
(05-28-2015, 03:11 AM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I don't have a single Amiibo, because they just don't really interest me too much, but I absolutely plan on getting the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, because that shit is so kawaii.

[Image: CBie675UEAAuyrB-515x241.jpg]

They're so adorable!
I also have a nintendo plushie collection so they would fit right in!
(It's also cool to see amiibo in creative forms like this)
I have none of the Amiibo. I want Shulk and the Fire Emblem ones and Megaman, but it's so damn hard to get any of them.
So....I think about 2 months before Amiibos where coming I made about a long the lines of "Yeah I'm not buying these. One, because of the downgrade in visual quality. Two because Nintendo put that stupid aluminium strip at the bottom of it so you have to buy two in order to use one and keep one as a collectible".

Well that fucked up. I've been pretty much addicted to Amiibos. I mean...my story goes

Since then I've been checking online frequently for all the latest Amiibos. I've been following other groups and forums who also enjoy Amiibo collection. Everyone giving the latest updates on each region of the world with the latest news and such. I've calmed down on Amiibo collection. Before I was checking online e-tailers by the hour that it was actually pretty pathetic(even while at work). As of now I'm just trying to grab one ASAP. I even started doing Amiibo hunting videos on YouTube which are pretty popular(check 'em out). I've even made my own custom Amiibos.  Also met and talked to a lot of great people.
I know all of the drama of Amiibos too. Everything since they came out.

So far I've done pretty well. I have every Amiibos except for Pacman, Shulk, Dedede, Splatoon-inkling and Gold Mario(because Nintendo being the douchenozzles only released that in NA).
I did actually order a Gold Mario so it should be coming in about 2 weeks.
Since I'm currently moving house I've had to pack up all my Amiibos but once I'm in, I'll show you guys my collection. As of today I managed to get Super Mario range: Princess Peach, Splatoon Ink-girl and Splatoon Ink-boy(which I now need to box up).
I love Amiibos but the way Nintendo have handled it has been fuckin' atrocious. It's Nintendo so it doesn't surprise me but I don't agree with it. The scalper prices are horrendous. Nintendo need to get this crap sorted.

So here's a story for you guys and how bad it can get. Over the last day or so, a news story regarding Amiibos broke out here in the UK.
GAME lorry hijacked carrying Splatoon Amiibos. Not even consoles are robbed, small £10 Nintendo figures are what people are after.

My advice for Amiibo collecting:
I'm gonna be honest, if you haven't started collecting already but would like to, don't. Take a more casual route and buy the ones you want. If you're looking for Little Mac, Rosalina and Shulk(to point out 3 major super rare Amiibos)....don't bother. It's not worth your time and money.

I've reserved all of the next Smash Bros Wave 5 range (Ganondorf, Palutena etc) all 3 Yoshi yarn Amiibos and I'm currently looking for the ones I'm missing(as noted earlier).
(05-27-2015, 10:20 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I don't have any of the amibos(I don't have a Wii U) but I do hope that they make one for the Duck Hunt dog and duck. Oh. I'm not sure if you guys heard about this, but someone from the UK has stolen a lot of the Inkling Amiibos.

So were they kidnapped or squidnapped?
(05-28-2015, 07:25 PM)G-Haven Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 10:20 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I don't have any of the amibos(I don't have a Wii U) but I do hope that they make one for the Duck Hunt dog and duck. Oh. I'm not sure if you guys heard about this, but someone from the UK has stolen a lot of the Inkling Amiibos.

So were they kidnapped or squidnapped?

[Image: YvlC6tZ.jpg]

Every Amiibo except for:
Shulk
Dedede
Pacman
Jigglypuff
Green Squid

*Not pictured but coming within the next couple of days:
Metaknight
Gold Mario (yes I even imported a Gold Mario Amiibo from NA).

Manage to get them all at RRP without having to pay extra (except for the Gold Mario Amiibo which cost me around £20).
(06-02-2015, 07:59 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [Image: YvlC6tZ.jpg]

Every Amiibo except for:
Shulk
Dedede
Pacman
Jigglypuff
Green Squid

Metaknight

Manage to get them all at RRP without having to pay extra (except for the Gold Mario Amiibo which cost me around £20).

Awesome, but...do you actually use them for games?
(06-02-2015, 09:09 AM)Boyobmas Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 07:59 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [Image: YvlC6tZ.jpg]

Every Amiibo except for:
Shulk
Dedede
Pacman
Jigglypuff
Green Squid

Metaknight

Awesome, but...do you actually use them for games?

Not really no. I have a Pikachu, Fox, Mario and Link that I opened. I used Pikachu and Mario in Smash Bros and never went back to it. I'm gonna be honest, I really don't care about the functionality they add to games. It's only gotten worse with who they're basically DLC but in physical form and extremely hard to get a hold of (45 missions being, costumes and upgrades exclusive to Amiibo owners for Splatoon). The novelty actually wore off pretty quickly when I found how meh they are to use. (Especially once the Wii U gets modded).
Collectibles for me really.