Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite Voice Actors
Just wondering what voice actors you guys like to hear (sorry if this ends up containing video game related stuff, but often cartoon/anime VAs end up doing them as well).

I'm really attached to older stuff, so most of my favorite VAs have sadly passed away or are no longer interested in doing it anymore. Please list your favorites (along with a picture if they're someone who may not be well known) and a few things that they've done. You might surprise someone!

Let's start off with someone everyone knows... Tim Curry! If you were a child of the 90s chances are he showed up in a lot of shows you watched. He was in two episodes of Darkwing Duck, voicing the character of the villain Taurus Bulba.

He also voiced Princess Sally's father in a sonic cartoon, but he appeared very infrequently; I think for probably only three episodes at the most.

In Gargoyles he was Anton Sevarious, a scientist who really had no redeeming traits whatsoever.

Then there's The Wild Thornberries... Oh Nigel, your gifs will haunt my dreams forever.

He also had a lot of one shots. Off the top of my head I can only recall him voicing a very odd character in Johnny Bravo and a play producer in Hey Arnold!

Fun fact: Tim Curry was almost the Joker in Batman: TAS but they thought he'd end up being too scary for the kiddies. That brings me to another VA I'm fond of...

Mark Hamill, of course! The absolute PERFECT Joker voice! It's a shame he's done with it now, but thankfully we have plenty of different cartoons and video games he voiced the Joker in. I could hear him do the Joker laugh all day <3.

I have to admit I got really surprised when I saw a list of character's he's voiced; I would NEVER have figured it out if I hadn't read it like Ricochet Rabbit ("Ping! Ping! Ping!") in an episode of Harvey Birdman. OMG was that fun to listen to!

Also big in the 90s, but I think he's still voice acting presently still, is Jim Cummings.
The dude has voiced a ridiculous amount characters! The thing is, his range is limited, so you know right away it's him once you get a feel for his voice.

As a refresher, here's a modest list just off the top of my heard: Darkwing Duck, Negaduck, Herb Muddlefoot, Bonkers, Dr. Robotnik, Steel (Balto), Tigger (After Paul Winchell passed away), Cat (Catdog), Pete (Goof Troop), Fuzzy Lumpkins (Powerpuff Girls), General Parvo (Road Rovers), Don Karnage (Tailspin).

I can't get away without mentioning some VAs from The Brave Little Toaster. I just melt every time I hear Thurl Ravenscroft magnificent voice!

I totally want to list more, but I'll end it with Phil Hartman, who has one of the most amazing ranges I have ever heard. In case you didn't know, or have forgotten, he was tragically shot by his wife while he slept. He was only 49.
And the Peter Lorre Lamp:
He did a lot of one shot characters in cartoons, but my favorite is Paddywhack from Darkwing Duck, one of the creepiest characters ever.

Kiki's Delivery Service was actually the first anime I ever saw, so what earned him a permanent place in my heart was the fact that he voiced Jiji. I actually use a calendar that has him and Lilly on it.

Ooookay... Time for me to shut up xD
I came in here ready to say "DAVID HAYTER /END THREAD", but I don't think even David Hayter could beat TIM
CURRY. Hexidecimal, YOU KEEP GETTING MORE AWESOME
He's not a voice actor, but he's a lets player that can imitate many voices. His name is Pcull44444.
Whoever voiced Sokka in Avatar the Last Airbender, and don't "Let me google that for you" Berry, I will eat you.

http://tinyurl.com/cpcsn6d
(03-25-2013, 12:50 AM)Arjahn Wrote: Whoever voiced Sokka in Avatar the Last Airbender, and don't "Let me google that for you" Berry, I will eat you.

http://tinyurl.com/bwxfwef
(03-25-2013, 12:50 AM)Arjahn Wrote: Whoever voiced Sokka in Avatar the Last Airbender, and don't "Let me google that for you" Berry, I will eat you.

http://tinyurl.com/bwxfwef

Dammit,i got foiled once again!

[Image: tumblr_inline_mh37q9mYZs1r19c4b.gif]
Jeff Bennett, all day 'er day. You might recognize him as Johnny Bravo, or Brooklyn on Gargoyles, or as the later iterations Kyle Katarn. He has a very impressive list of voice acted roles.
I quite enjoy Nolan North, Rikki Simons, and David Hayter.
David Hayter kicks (almost) everybody's ass. His voice is just SO BADASS!!
Nolan North. He is a true fucking boss of a voice actor.
(03-28-2013, 10:54 AM)Dazz Wrote: Nolan North. He is a true fucking boss of a voice actor.

I used to hear John Kassir's voice whenever I read a Deadpool comic, but ever since Hulk vs Wolverine I've heard North's.
Quiton Flynn (i spelled first name wrong) but you know who am talking aboot right??
Here are a few of my favorites, Tara Strong quite possible keeping the number one spot, followed closely by Nolan North, Kyle Hebert and Matthew Mercer.

Tara Strong (Harley Quinn in Arkham City, X-23 in MvC3, Rachel in NG, Twilight Sparkle in MLP:FiM, Kylie in Xtreme Ghostbusters, the list goes on)

Kyle Hebert (Odie in Soul Nomad, Ruy in SFxTekken/MvC3/SFIV, various voices in Degeneration, characters like Kiba and Shikamaru in Naruto)

Nolan North (Deadpool in pretty much everything, Nathan Drake in Uncharted...)

Matt Mercer (Stryker in MK, Keiji in Sengoku Basara 3, Fei-Long in SSFIV, Dan Hibiki in SF High short film, Leon in RE6)

Erik Davies (Hazama in BlazBlue, Cid in FFXIII, Azuma in GitS Innocence)

Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge in BlazBlue, Scorpion in MK, Lord Median in Soul Nomad, Motochika Chosokabe in Sengoku Basara 3)
(03-29-2013, 06:24 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Here are a few of my favorites, Tara Strong quite possible keeping the number one spot, followed by Nolan North and Kyle Hebert.

Tara Strong (Harley Quinn in Arkham City, X-23 in MvC3, Rachel in NG, Twilight Sparkle in MLP:FiM, Kylie in Xtreme Ghostbusters, the list goes on)

Kyle Hebert (Odie in Soul Nomad, Ruy in SFxTekken/MvC3/SFIV, various voices in Degeneration, characters like Kiba and Shikamaru in Naruto)

Nolan North (Deadpool in pretty much everything, Nathan Drake in Uncharted...)

Matt Mercer (Stryker in MK, Keiji in Sengoku Basara 3, Fei-Long in SSFIV, Dan Hibiki in SF High short film, Leon in RE6)

Erik Davies (Hazama in BlazBlue, Cid in FFXIII, Azuma in GitS Innocence)

Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge in BlazBlue, Scorpion in MK, Lord Median in Soul Nomad, Motochika Chosokabe in Sengoku Basara 3)

Matt Mercer also did Leon in Resident Evil: Damnation.
It's funny you'd be named Hexadecimal. An actor I'm fond of did a voice in Reboot, as well as a voice in Mighty Max, which I also liked as a kid. The late Tony Jay. No longer with us, sadly. =<

I'm also a fan of Mark Hamill. Moreso of his voice acting than of Luke Skywalker, as I've never been much a Star Wars fan.