Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Final Fantasy Are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)
0%
0 0%
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4 First)
11.11%
1 11.11%
I don't care about the FF games! Give me another RPG
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Which Final Fantasy are you most anticipating?
So, we know of 4 Final Fantasy games that are coming out/might be coming out. Two of which were talked about during E3, two of which were know to us beforehand. So, which one are you most looking forward to? Final Fantasy Explorers is the only one not currently confirmed for a Western Release date. Here's a trailer for each Final Fantasy game.

Final Fantasy Explorers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9YT4DdyMo

The World of Final Fantasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_No3HEjvLrw

Final Fantasy XV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny69S-GWcU8

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

As a bonus, is anyone hoping for the arcade Dissidia game to come to console and be playable in the west? Here's what it looks like to help you decide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_ZcdhHrdk

Edit: Apparently this Dissidia was made on the PS4 and that footage is from a PS4, so it seems like this game will be on PS4 at some point, as it is confirmed that the Arcade version is only exclusive for a year.
I actually am really excited for World of Final Fantasy, but I have to go with Final Fantasy 7... seriously, I am in love.
(06-17-2015, 03:27 AM)Dazz Wrote: I actually am really excited for World of Final Fantasy, but I have to go with Final Fantasy 7... seriously, I am in love.
FF7 Remake is a close second for me, even though it's also kind of tied with Explorers. I honestly want all of these games, and I'm hoping we get the Dissidia in 2017, which I think will be when we get the FF7 Remake. If we can get two or three next year, or two or three the year after, I will be a happy FF fan. All of these will be really good, I just got a feeling. I really think that I'll end up picking World of Final Fantasy for my Vita because I think the game will be better on the go. That gives me, if we get Explorers, a game on both my handhelds and two to three games on PS4. Not a bad mix there.
Do I have to choose? I have been expecting a remake of FFVII so long but for almost as long I have been eagerly waiting for XV (I still think the V stands for Versus).

But, I'm also interested in World of Final Fantasy, that game looks really fun. Almost like a Kingdom Hearts game but without Disney's involvement. If it has crossbuy I'll definitely get it, because then I'd have a reason to get both systems. I honestly didn't even know there was a new Dissidia game but if it's for PS4, I'm all in.

Explorers... Eh... Looks nice but I think I'll stick with Bravely Default as my Final Fantasy of choice when it comes to 3DS.
The main reasons I want to play Explorers, is because of the famous monster cameo's, the open world and the ability to play with friends in the world, using skins of famous characters from the main series, or custom characters you've made. All of that sounds fairly appealing to me.
(06-17-2015, 05:24 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: The main reasons I want to play Explorers, is because of the famous monster cameo's, the open world and the ability to play with friends in the world, using skins of famous characters from the main series, or custom characters you've made. All of that sounds fairly appealing to me.

I feel like World of Final Fantasy will make me satisfied in that regard.
That's possible, but my thoughts on it based on the bit of gameplay we saw is that it will be much less interesting battling when compared to what Explorers is going to have. I don't think it will be bad, I just think it won't interest me as much. I love the settings of the worlds though, those are incredible.
Kingdom Hearts III.

World of Final Fantasy would be a second.
I've never been much of a FF fan. I played a bit of 7 and 8, and saw a bit of 9 and 10 being played (9 seemed the best) and a side of me really wants to play them all in order to be able to truly see the best game of the bunch, but I may get FF7 remake or FF15 since it looks pretty good.

I guess I'll see eventually.
Just had the thought, but I think we are getting too much Final Fantasy right now. In all likelihood, we will be getting 5 more final fantasy games in the next two years. At this point, I'm guessing FFXV is an early to late 2016 release, since we didn't get a release this time, that's my guess. Explorers will be probably be the same thing because I really do believe we will get that game, although it could end up being early 2017 to hype what will probably be the release year of FF7 Remake. Dissidia will probably be a 2018 release, if not holiday 2017. Worlds will likely be a way to get people into the FF mood for the release of FFXV. That's two games coming out to possibly hype two other games coming out and just to trickle off the end of that hype, we'll probably get Dissidia, which could actually end up being hype for FF16, or a dare I say it, a sequel to FFXV. That's almost too much final fantasy if you ask me, but I really think the pieces are gonna fall in line like that. No real point to this post I guess, I just kind of wanted to put that out there.
I wanna see how World of Final Fantasy goes.
I would be less harsh on Sqaure a whole lot if they did something else besides Final Fantasy. Like doing something new with Super Mario RPG, Nintendo will love to do it, you just gotta give the approval Square.
(06-17-2015, 10:43 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I would be less harsh on Sqaure  a whole lot if they did something else besides Final Fantasy. Like doing something new with Super Mario RPG, Nintendo will love to do it, you just gotta give the approval Square.

Just Cause
Tomb Raider
Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Quest
Hitman
Deus Ex
Nier
Star Ocean
Project Setsuna
The fact that they could give a press conference as a 3rd party company is telling enough that they're doing plenty.
Besides, there's not enough incentive to revive a two decade old title with so much inevitable legal discussion in regards to rights, profit, distribution, development, etc. when 1. Nintendo is already creating its own line of mario based rpgs, and 2. the team you'd be hoping to work on that game again simply aren't there to the same capacity. Either they don't work for the company, or they're in a very different position from 20 years ago. Its just not worth the effort and it would never be the same, two decades, cultural change, expectations of the series as a whole, and what I've listed above not withstanding.

Eidos, Square, and Enix are very different now.
(06-17-2015, 10:43 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I would be less harsh on Sqaure  a whole lot if they did something else besides Final Fantasy. Like doing something new with Super Mario RPG, Nintendo will love to do it, you just gotta give the approval Square.

I hate this argument so much. This is what people who don't pay attention to what Square is doing outside of Final Fantasy say, and that's on you, not them. Before you say something like that in the wake of a conference they just had, watch it, and pay attention to everything, you might just find something else you like. I mean really, did you not see that star ocean? That looks like it will be incredible. Never mind Neir, KH3 and Deus Ex. Square has almost never focused solely on FF games, and that's never been more true than it is now.
(06-18-2015, 03:34 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:

I hate this argument so much. This is what people who don't pay attention to what Square is doing outside of Final Fantasy say, and that's on you, not them. Before you say something like that in the wake of a conference they just had, watch it, and pay attention to everything, you might just find something else you like. I mean really, did you not see that star ocean? That looks like it will be incredible. Never mind Neir, KH3 and Deus Ex. Square has almost never focused solely on FF games, and that's never been more true than it is now.

I had this exact conversation with my brother the day of the conference, execpt slightly diffrent. He was complaning that they were doing Just Cause 3 and was wondering why "the RPG company is making a 'Bro Game'". I had to remind him that they are not just RPG makers.

Also making a new game years later without the original team just to please the fans is not really a good idea. Just as Rare.