Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dynasty Warriors 8 - Assorted Musical Trivia
I only know of a few pieces of trivia regarding Dynasty Warriors 8's soundtrack, but let me know if I missed anything here:

Four songs from Dynasty Warriors 7 have been remixed as the leitmotifs of the Three Kingdoms and Jin.

1. Wei's leitmotif is a remix of Broken Moon, the theme of the Battle of Guandu in DW7:
2. Shu's leitmotif is a remix of Large Feather, the theme of the Battle of Fan Castle in DW7:
3. Wu's leitmotif is a remix of Intense Collision, the theme of the Battle of Dongkou in DW7:
4. Jin's leitmotif is a remix of Male Roar, the theme of Guanqiu Jian and Wen Qin's Rebellion in DW7:

Capricious Wind, the theme of the Battle of Chibi, uses the Shu, Wei, and Wu leitmotifs, perhaps as a nod to the fact that Chibi played an important role in the history of each kingdom.

Capricious Wind:
At [0:53 - 1:19], you can hear Wei's leitmotif.
At [0:00 - 0:27] and [1:56 - 2:00], you can hear Shu's leitmotif.
At [0:27 - 0:53], [1:19 - 1:31], and [2:00 - 2:23], you can hear Wu's leitmotif.
To be fair, most of the songs in DW:8 sound the same as those from previous iterations.
(06-23-2015, 04:26 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: To be fair, most of the songs in DW:8 sound the same as those from previous iterations.

Yeah, they became literal leitmotifs this time around. Wouldn't be surprised if Chibi wasn't the only battle to sample two or more leitmotifs.
I could also mention that several songs from the previous games are reused in the Hypothetical Stories and Other officer Stories (DLC notwithstanding), though I'd need to boot up my copy and get a list.