Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Games You're Willing To Put Up With
(For a Lack of a Better Title...) My Bro reset my Completion Playthough of Earthbound (Man, I talk about the Mother games alot...) and I am still willing to go back through the game, go through every boss, every weapon, everything to get the completion. I was wondering if there is anyone else out the willing to put up with playing everything over to either beat or complete a game.
I don't know why, but my Super Mario World cartridge's saves got deleted a few times as a youngling, but I still went back through and beat the whole game over and over again.
Damn I used to have a lot more free time :C
When I first got the Gamecube my parents didn't know it needed a memory card and I would day in and day out play through Super Mario Sunshine over and over again, because I just loved the game so much I also did the same with Super Smash Bros. Melee, because there was something that was just so awesome about unlocking characters and other things.
Metal Gear Solid 3 and inFamous 1 & 2. Metal Gear Solid because I want the Peace Walker trophy which is don't kill anyone throughout the game. But two times already and it said I killed 4 people. inFamous just because of trophies. But because of games getting deleted I would go through Pokemon Yellow all the time from a new game. But once my gameboy shut off it got deleted.
Pokemon games, for a while Fallout NV
I do that on purpose with Ocarina of Time. I just love the playthrough. I'll get to the end, and purposely not finish, because I don't want it to be over. I'll just start a new save and begin again.
I have done that with the Final Fantasy games. Especially with numbers VII, IX and X. So many times started over from the beggining to see different dialogues and find new items I missed, over and over again in each playthrough! But I really enjoyed it.
Also one other reason is the fact that I like chasing trophies. And as long as some of the throphies demand to finish the game again in a higher difficulty level, well that's a good enough reason to go through it again! :D
GTA games. I always go back for more, starting the games all over again.
(03-25-2013, 07:21 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I do that on purpose with Ocarina of Time. I just love the playthrough. I'll get to the end, and purposely not finish, because I don't want it to be over. I'll just start a new save and begin again.

Mine has become more of a tradition. Every Christmas I reset Majoras Mask and play through it during December. There's something about playing every Christmas that feels....nice. I should probably record them.

The series I could go through a million times over(and have done) are the Resident Evil series. I've been through 4 over 50 times and still playing it, sometimes 3 times in day.
I used to love going through Fable as a child, and I still do today. I loved it all, great envirment, very long, but had a lot of things happening, a really great game.

Left 4 Dead as well, but only community servers.

Halo 2 was also a game I played a lot, only on Normal though.
Legend of Mana is one I played through another time all the way through for an article I wrote at the time. After unlocking its New Game+ mode, I played the game through again. XD

There are plenty more, but the latest one off the top of my head was unlocking all the characters and stages in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
I beat legend of Zelda for the NES every summer since I was eight and I have beaten metal gear solid over twenty times.
The one game series that I keep coming back to is the Sly Cooper games. No matter what, when I pick up the first one I complete it than move on to the next one and than the third one. This is also getting 100% in all three games too. I use to be able to do this in one day (man I had to much time back than). I never get tired of doing it ether. It's become a every other month tradition for me. Need to get around to buying Thieves in Time so I can add it to the tradition.
I do that with pretty much every game, because I only have games that I like. I've probably clocked more hours on Spyro 2 than any other game I've ever played just because I like it.
Back in the day, I'd do this a lot. Pokemon (all the first and second gen games... I was that kid), Dragon Warrior III, Final Fantasy I, VIII, and IX, a few others... but the one I did it with most was Golden Sun. I've played through that game soooo many times, I just loved it so much as a kid... I even replayed it a year or two ago for the anticipation of Dark Dawn.

Recently, though, I don't replay that many games. I did do a second runthrough of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy V, but other than the Golden Sun one that's about it. I have too many untouched games to play through the others right now :(