Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Favorite game from :
I'm sure that I already did this, but I went 10 pages into General Gaming Discussion and didn't spot it so new thread.

Questions will periodically be asked in regard to your preference. If you so desire, say what it is and why.

So, lets start with something simple.

What's your favorite PS1 game? It doesn't have to be for gameplay reasons.

My favorite would probably be Chrono Cross or Yugioh Forbidden Memories.

Chrono Cross is just an excellent JRPG with a great battle system and a vast cast list.

I like Forbidden Memories for its weird place in Yu-Gi-Oh!'s history. The game itself is terrible.
Ape Escape
2 & 3 maybe better games (my favorite being 3) and the first may be very rough around the edges, but I have to admit that I like this qurky game (even if everyone I've talk to says that they can't get use to it).

Silent Hill
I like it when games give you something to think about/characters to study. Even though I have never played this game (or atlest nothing beyond a short 5-15 mintes at a cousin's house), I can tell it's one of those games that I can truly say I enjoy watching, along with the other games.

Sheep Raider
I.... got nothing. It's just a good game.
Megaman Legends 2. Not only did it improve on the smaller location from Legends 1, but it also managed to create a story about Megaman that I truly cared about, which is not something the first one can say as much. I mean sure, it wasn't the greatest story ever, but I had seriously grown tired of the Megaman Classic and X stories, even though I still enjoyed playing the games.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. A lot of people say two is the best but for some reason, I just liked the levels of 3 better overall. As a mindless game to just play when there was nothing better to do, I really enjoyed this one.

Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm counting ports for this list because for the longest time after the NES, I simply didn't have access to a lot of FF games until they started popping up on the PSone. Of all the ports we got to that system, FFT was my favorite as it was my first time playing it. The story was great, the gameplay is still fun even now, and I still play it from time to time. If it hadn't been for this game, I probably never would have played tactical RPG's and while they still are the ones I play the least, the few greats I've played are thanks to this one.
MGS1 I guess, haven't played a lot of PS1 games.
You did that Favorite in gaming thread in the Playground section at least, not sure if you're thinking of that.

Heart of Darkness. Definitely. It's still one of my all time favorite games out there. The PS1 had soooo many awesome games though, if it wasn't for my love of this game, I'd have had a lot tougher time choosing the best.
Legend of Dragoon. And Final Fantasy VII. They're basically the same game, but with different characters, different story line, different developers. Almost identical battle system (it's been many, many years, so correct me if I'm wrong). They're two of only three RPGs, with turned based battle, that I've ever beat. (The third RPG I beat is Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, which I discovered to be Final Fantasy X with different characters, different story, same battle system)
Crash Bandicoot. Its fun. Its challenging, and its memorable for me for being one of my first ps1 games.
Favorite game from the Dreamcast!

I personally never owned a Dreamcast, but I'm curious.
I didn't own a Dreamcast. So I'm out on this one.
^

You two are lucky I have the self control to not give you both negative rep for being CASUALS ;_;

I kid, but get Dreamcast's yo' they're 2gud.

Anyhow, Skies of Arcadia. Favourite game of all time as well, it was just 2gud. 2GUD.
Easy, Retro. I never owned a Dreamcast, either. I kid.
I have played Virtua Fighter 3 on it, I think.
I was at a friend's house and he claimed to have never lost to anyone I that game. I picked a guy with a very unorthodox stance and fighting style, having never played it before, and whooped the tar out of him.
Never had one, only played ports of certain games.

in which case, it'd have to be Jet Set Radio.
(07-22-2015, 07:52 PM)G-Haven Wrote: Never had one, only played ports of certain games.

in which case, it'd have to be Jet Set Radio.

If we're counting ports, Dead or Alive 2.

Other then that, I can't say I've played any Dreamcast games let alone owned a DC.
I just played my new favorite Dreamcast game today (or technically at this hour it was yesterday) and that's Heavy Metal: Geomatrix. I have no idea what's going on in the story but god damn is it fun to play. One of those really obscure titles you've never heard of, decide to try them out and instantly fall in love. I'm glad I didn't look anything up when buying it, the positive surprise was overwhelming.
(07-22-2015, 04:52 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I have played Virtua Fighter 3 on it, I think.
I was at a friend's house and he claimed to have never lost to anyone I that game. I picked a guy with a very unorthodox stance and fighting style, having never played it before, and whooped the tar out of him.

Correction! After doing some research and watching videos, i found out what I played - Tekken 3.
My friend used Hworang or Law, I used Eddy. I kicked his ass (at least on the game. IRL, dude is some degree black belt in karate).