Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DQ fans rejoice
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/28/t...ndo-nx-are

This news gives rise to a lot of hopes and possibilities as to the future of Dragon Quest and the NX system Nintendo is working on. At one point it was confirmed that Dragon Quest XI would be coming to the PS4, 3DS and the NX. While Square has since backtracked saying that the NX is under consideration, it is possible that DQXI could be a launch title for the new system thus meaning we have a possible release window for it. A game like this would probably drop around the holidays so if it really is intended to be a launch title, we have a window.

Other interesting news is that the remakes of Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for the 3DS are under consideration as well for the west. More details are apparently coming on that, but I imagine there's a reason those were brought up, and it's probably a really good thing.

I personally hope all goes as it seems like it's going to and we get those releases, but man, it's been too long since we were treated to those games like they weren't a privilege and I would love to have those games on the go. It would be incredible.
I wonder when we're going to see the NX. Probably at some point before the official since there are likely dev kits out.
(07-28-2015, 06:21 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I wonder when we're going to see the NX. Probably at some point before the official since there are likely dev kits out.

I kind of have a feeling that early in the year next year, probably January or February that we'll get a Nintendo Direct focused on the NX which will give us the official name and some possible titles that will be coming out for it when it releases. The actually release date won't be set until E3 though.
First off, why are we (the fans) getting the game for the phone and not the Wii U? Is the Wii U going to die really soon?

Second, I really want them to announce Dragon Quest Heroes more then 11, but if it helps localize DQH faster, I'll buy 11, 12, and/or whatever they want me to buy.
(07-29-2015, 02:20 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: First off, why are we (the fans) getting the game for the phone and not the Wii U? Is the Wii U going to die really soon?

Second, I really want them to announce Dragon Quest Heroes more then 11, but if it helps localize DQH faster, I'll buy 11, 12, and/or whatever they want me to buy.

Wait, where do you live? The game comes out in the US on October 13th and Europe on the 16th.
(07-30-2015, 03:42 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 02:20 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: First off, why are we (the fans) getting the game for the phone and not the Wii U? Is the Wii U going to die really soon?

Wait, where do you live? The game comes out in the US on October 13th and Europe on the 16th.

This is the first time I've heard about this. I guess I haven't been keeping up with the news.
(07-30-2015, 09:19 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 03:42 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:

This is the first time I've heard about this. I guess I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Hahaha, I guess not. I do hope a lot of people buy it though. DQ Hero's success will have a lot to do with what gets translated for the west.