Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania and Silent Hill pachinko machines coming
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/cast...announced/

Needless to say, the internet is going up in flames over Konami's latest actions with both series. Personally, I think Konami would have avoided a whole lot of backlash if they just made new IPS that parodied both Castlevania and Silent hill rather than using them for something that doesn't suit them. However, at this point, they're just enjoying pissing off gamers world wide.
It's all part of Kojima's master ruse.

Not it all needs to end with a fake assassination of Kojima.
Guess they want to focus more on the gambling home front than the entertainment worldwide.
I can't say I didn't see this coming. Soon we'll be getting free-to-play mobile versions of those.
(08-07-2015, 01:42 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I can't say I didn't see this coming. Soon we'll be getting free-to-play mobile versions of those.

Dear God if that happens I will shoot whoever decided it was a good idea in the foot. It wouldn't be any different than what they'd be doing to us at that point.
Doesn't really matter anymore, as Konami has already cut ties with the western market. They had planned on making these regardless of what the west thinks because they're downsizing for local stuff now. 

The real mystery is why they even bothered releasing trailers for them on Youtube. West isn't getting it, as the pachinko market just doesn't exist here.
(08-07-2015, 06:34 AM)G-Haven Wrote: The real mystery is why they even bothered releasing trailers for them on Youtube. West isn't getting it, as the pachinko market just doesn't exist here.

...unless they go for the mobile approach
Well here we have it, guy. It's what you've all been waiting for.
So who here thinks someone should make a vampire hunter game where the vampire slaying weapon is a pachinko machine?
Be a funny nod in Bloodstained.

Also, relevant.

(08-07-2015, 08:47 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 06:34 AM)G-Haven Wrote: The real mystery is why they even bothered releasing trailers for them on Youtube. West isn't getting it, as the pachinko market just doesn't exist here.

"Mobile Pachinko" doesn't really work because Pachinko is literally just gambling machines that slip under Japan's gambling laws. Pachinko's main grab is you buy a bunch of steel, then put balls into a machine and can potentially win more balls, which you can cash out when done playing. There isn't much of a point to it being on mobile, as it works like slot machines do; other people have to put physical "money" in and lose.
(08-07-2015, 11:05 PM)G-Haven Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 08:47 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

"Mobile Pachinko" doesn't really work because Pachinko is literally just gambling machines that slip under Japan's gambling laws. Pachinko's main grab is you buy a bunch of steel, then put balls into a machine and can potentially win more balls, which you can cash out when done playing. There isn't much of a point to it being on mobile, as it works like slot machines do; other people have to put physical "money" in and lose.

They make mobile slot machines too. It's not unheard of.
See, that's the thing though. Pachinko machines are essentially what you find in the original Pokemon games. Its all a contained in-house thing, in two separate buildings for legal reasons. Having something like that in an app would be illegal.
(08-08-2015, 09:31 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: See, that's the thing though. Pachinko machines are essentially what you find in the original Pokemon games. Its all a contained in-house thing, in two separate buildings for legal reasons. Having something like that in an app would be illegal.

Again, there are slot machine apps that are completely legal. Japanese laws don't affect in other countries.

I'm not even saying this would be like an actual slot machine where you pay for every spin, just a game that you pay for that looks like a slot machine.

Simple google search example: http://www.letsplayslots.com/mobile-slot...slot-games
Ah, I thought you meant in Japan for some reason. I can see it, I guess.