Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A new video game worth hype?
http://www.ingsoc.org/

This popped up on the internet a while ago. Whatever this "Black Hound" is, it bears an emblem similar to one form the Silent Hill series and even the font is very similar to Silent Hill's title text.

On the site there's not much, apart from a strange picture and a timer. In the bottom of the screen it has the logos for PS4 and Xbone but also the text "Currently Unannounced Nintendo Console "

Furthermore, in the site's source code it says "Black Hound - A ##### ###### Game" and speculations are already in the air. Most seem to believe that the two words, 5 and 6 letters in length, could be "Hideo Kojima".

The site's name is weird too. Mabe an anagram?

Hoax or hype, you decide.
If that's a hoax, it's almost too close in appearance for someone not to catch some serious hell and/or backlash. However, if nothing comes of it, I won't really be too bothered by it.
All we can do right now is speculate. Maybe it'll be a game where he pushes a system to its limits in another way. Or it is possible he wants to try a new direction in stealth action games. Hence the name and the ambient feel of it.
Seems like an obvious hoax. Kojima is a sneaky troll but he has a way of making people question things. Not in an easily decryptable way like this.
Just poked at the source code and the title has changed to "Black Hound - Don't let Armageddon stop you."

Also, on the bottom of the code it says "You're clever, but not quick enough. There will be future opportunities to leave your mark on the world of Black Hound, so don't touch that dial."
(09-08-2015, 11:53 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: Just poked at the source code and the title has changed to "Black Hound - Don't let Armageddon stop you."

Also, on the bottom of the code it says "You're clever, but not quick enough. There will be future opportunities to leave your mark on the world of Black Hound, so don't touch that dial."

[Image: tumblr_mk7yuydhhc1rlywvzo1_500.gif]
It also seems that the systems at the bottom of the page have been removed.

2 more days. The mystery intensifies.
The front page has just updated. No blurred image but now it's a fence with a doll in front of it.
Since this is being revealed properly tomorrow it better be something big. Tomorrow is the 11th and I won't take kindly to someone making an ill-fated joke on that day, not on the 14 anniversary of 9/11. Not as a resident of North America. I know this is likely just a game, but still, I would be pretty upset if this ended up being some sick way to get people excited for 9/11 only to make a mockery of it. That's probably not going to happen, but I don't even know how I would react if it did.
Don't get your hopes up
Hey look nothing happened at all. Well that was stupid.
(09-09-2015, 06:43 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mk7yuydhhc1rlywvzo1_500.gif]

Not exactly. I did some 'poking' in the source and found a few things. One is that the text hides the underlying text "only the chosen will see the truth".

The other, and I'm reaching with this assumption, is that the background has something that does not look like it's part of the flora. Zooming into it I find what looks like the letters "paxa(I think it's an a)". This can correlate to "to call dibs" in translation or PAX Australia.

ADDED: I also searched the name "Ingsoc". Evidently that refers the book "Nineteen-Eighty Four" by George Orwell.
Can't say I'm all that surprised. I got real into that Fallout countdown too.
And the site has just updated with a Polaroid photo.

Update: site is back up. Polaroid is gone, though.

ADDED: The link has just changed. It's now linked to a petition.
So this was all just a publicity stunt for the Silent Hills petition. Well, at least it was something, unlike most of these fake announcements.

Still. Sigh.