Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Halloween stories
I just finished cleaning up my decorations for my biggest Halloween movie marathon yet... Aaaaand after I put the last thing back in storage I realize I forgot to take pictures. Fuck.

Hey, I was only going to make this a post in the random discussion but I thought it would be cool to hear everyone elses Halloween stories. I don't matter if it happened this year or not.

I was only going to move my old television to the living room in my mom's apartment but then I figured I could make this and that and this... and in about half an hour the whole place was decorated up the wazoo. And I did all of it with just the stuff I found at the place. There was a Jason mask with a red glow behind it covered in vines, a "spider web" I made by hanging an old laced tablecloth from the bookshelf and throwing an old toy spider I found into it, a fake fire behind the web by turning on the light in the showcase and propping a bandana with fire details in between, an "altar" with a Helghast head I happen to have surrounded by candles in red cups, a welcoming little skeleton man lantern that flickers (the only actual halloween prop I had) with some skull-beads on its neck next to my pumpkin substite (some Japanese-lanterns in a vase), a porcelain skull w/ a black cat candle holder and finally, an old CRT TV sitting in the corner that I had propped so that if I pressed on the hidden remote I had, it would turn on and make this horrible scratching sound that it does when it turns on. Oh, and there were movies too (Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, As Above So Below, Ouija and VHS2, if you're interested). And popcorn and soda and chips. There was five of us and we ate pretty much a bag and a bottle of each a person.

Why I even bothered detailing this here is because despite me usually having a movie marathon during Halloween I've nver actually done any props for it. Probably the closest I've come to that is when we went watching the movies at our old cabin in the woods, though even then the cabin itself was kinda my only prop. Then again, after having watched REC back then I had the perfect opportunity to scare a friend by jumping at him from the attic stairs. Since, you know, the monster's in the attic in that one. Spoilers, I guess. The movie's like 8 years old now.
I didn't really celebrate Halloween this year. My little bro went as a vampire, my big bro is some sorta macabre surgeon, his girlfriend is a zombie, my sis is some kinda mascaraed angel. I was guy who's going through mental trauma over numbers on a screen.
Our spooky pumpkins !

[Image: yZT7XKU.jpg]

Had a total of 43 kids come around. A busy year !
Managed to procure a couple of pictures of my decorations.
[Image: 20151101_021704_zps6hahxu9x.jpg]
[Image: qbc7sc9]
I carved my Grandparents jack'o'lantern for them. Was able to snap a picture before the squirrels completely decimated it.
[Image: KGrsj2D.jpg]