Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Activision is buying King(Candy Crush)
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/25822...for_6B.php

From what the article says the deal will be complete in spring 2016.  Assuming everything doesn't fall through.

I don't know much about the inner workings of Activision lately but if I remember correctly King currently owns the word 'candy' and thinks they own the word 'saga'(see the legal action they threw against Stoic's The Banner Saga.).

I have a foreboding feeling that this is going to be bad in the future.  Like Call of Duty Saga where you match bullets in order to shoot your gun.
This deal will end sour. No joke, it will end sour.
You thinking they're giving them warhead candies?
(11-03-2015, 12:12 AM)CLXcool Wrote: This deal will end sour. No joke, it will end sour.

Seeing as they're buying it for 6 billion dollarydoos, I'd doubt it.
I wonder how this is going to affect Blizzard.
Good riddance. For all I care Activision can gorge on the corpse of this retarded company and bury the remains somewhere deep in their archives. Honestly, not even Activision can be as terribly brain damaged as King.

(11-03-2015, 12:09 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: I don't know much about the inner workings of Activision lately but if I remember correctly King currently owns the word 'candy' and thinks they own the word 'saga'(see the legal action they threw against Stoic's The Banner Saga.).

They don't own the word "candy" anymore, that copyright was revoked on the basis of how ridiculous it was, thankfully. Still, makes you wonder who the idiot was who gave them the OK in the first place.
(11-03-2015, 02:08 AM)G-Haven Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 12:12 AM)CLXcool Wrote: This deal will end sour. No joke, it will end sour.

Seeing as they're buying it for 6 billion dollarydoos, I'd doubt it.
Thats more money than Disney bought Lucasfilm if you think about. But unlike Axevision, Disney knows what they're doing with star wars. While Axe just bought King just for the hell of it so they could just find another way to make profits off of it without having to cross any more burnt bridges.