Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Your greatest video-game moment
It could be anything from defeating the entire Pokemon league with just a Skitty, managing to break a game so bad you enter the twilight zone or anything in between.

My personal moment was during a game of Crackdown 2. A friend and I where driving across the water at top speeds when I had the marvelous idea to crash it into the invisible wall surrounding the city. Thinking the vehicle would explode, killing my friend in a moment of hilarity (for myself at least) I decided to bail out at the last second. This lead to me becoming lodged IN the invisible wall, in permanent free fall mode none the less, and my friend being slingshot across the ENTIRE MAP at impossible speeds, colliding with the other side of the invisible wall and exploding. I have never been able to break a game that badly or hilariously before or since.
I think my greatest videogame moment was actually something stupid, but I felt SO much relief after that.

It was in Kingdom Hearts 2, when you fight that dude who controls water (don't remember his name right now). I don't know why, but I just couldn't beat him.

I gotta say I was 10 at that time, so I wasn't very good at games back then. The thing is that it took me 2 weeks to plan some kind of 'strategy' to beat him.

I also felt very good when I defeated Sephiroth at the first one, but I was older and wasn't such an achievement for me. (Yes, I played the 2 first).
One of my most recent times was when I was playing Ballad Of Gay Tony and I was driving in the subway with one of those Taxi van's. Driving a top speed I collided with the train. I don't know what the hell happened but the Taxi went below the train and I was in a new world where everything was invisible and Luis kept on swearing in Spanish (sounds he makes when he gets hit). There would be times when I would see my old world briefly flash before my eyes wishing I was back to cause mayhem. Eventually I had to turn off the Xbox cause this new world was very boring. Learned lots of swear words in Spanish that day.
My greatest moment was starting out a prisoner and, in the end, becoming the Dragonborn that defeats Alduin.
I can't remember his name, but the old sniper guy from MGS3 took me damn near 4 hours to beat. And that was on one life, I didn't die. Finally getting him felt so good.
And the platinum trophy for Black Ops took me more than a year, I'm super proud of that.
First time beating my oldest brother at a game, don't remember it, but it was probably sweet!
(03-26-2013, 08:57 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I can't remember his name, but the old sniper guy from MGS3 took me damn near 4 hours to beat. And that was on one life, I didn't die. Finally getting him felt so good.
And the platinum trophy for Black Ops took me more than a year, I'm super proud of that.

Oh god, The End was such a pain in the ass to beat straight out, you know, not using the time change secret or taking out his little parrot buddy. That is a damn good one :P
(03-26-2013, 09:23 PM)thescottishgamer Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 08:57 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I can't remember his name, but the old sniper guy from MGS3 took me damn near 4 hours to beat. And that was on one life, I didn't die. Finally getting him felt so good.

Oh god, The End was such a pain in the ass to beat straight out, you know, not using the time change secret or taking out his little parrot buddy. That is a damn good one :P

It also felt really good when you killed him way before when is on the wheelchair at the docks.
Just a note to everyone, lease use the spoiler tag for story related events.
"When I beat
at the end of FF6" etc

It's hard to say just one but I do have a few.

When I first entered the world of Pokemon

When I got my Gamecube

When I beat Ocarina of Time on the N64 and felt happy with everything at that point.

There's some others. Eh
Starting up the Unfinished Swan...those cut-scenes...
Like a broken record, I keep telling the story of my triumph over the atrocity that was Resident Evil Missions.
One of my greatest moments was when I got the Celebi trophy for the Super Smash Bros Melee. I was super excited!!
oh! getting 700 Gamerscore in mass effect 3. That god damn multiplayer achievement
Completing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night before anyone else in my family when I was four years old.

That felt like an achievement to me.
Beating Sephiroth meant a lot to me when I was 12 on KH2