Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
#NintendoDirect
Did anyone see it? Do you all see that 3DS awesomeness? OG pokemon games for the E-shop, DQ 7 and 8 next year, three awesome Collectors Editions for Megaman, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Explorers, which comes with all Japanese DLC upon release. Cloud in Smash. There's was just too much. The Wii U has actually got some good stuff coming as well. So thoughts anyone? I am just so Happy right now.
Not amused that Cloud is being in Smash bros, when this guy was demanded to be in it more than he was.
[Image: tumblr_inline_nxq4vg0VI41rqphkb_500.gif]
I'm willing to bet that Cloud has nothing to do with the Smash Ballot. If he did, they would have said something. We'll probably figure out what the Ballot result was in December.
Wait, Cloud in Smash 4 WASN'T a joke?!?! Holy shit. Why is he in there? Has he EVER been on a Nintendo console aside from Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts? Why not Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Geno from Mario RPG or even Neku from TWEWY or Chrono from Chrono Trigger? I just gave you four Square Enix games that are on Nintendo systems. At this rate we might as well have Goku and Crash Bandicoot in the game.

On a less ranty note, I might be buying the collector's edition of Mega Man. I may still be mad at Crapcom but I can't stay mad at Rock Man.
(11-13-2015, 03:42 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Wait, Cloud in Smash 4 WASN'T a joke?!?! Holy shit. Why is he in there? Has he EVER been on a Nintendo console aside from Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts? Why not Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Geno from Mario RPG or even Neku from TWEWY or Chrono from Chrono Trigger? I just gave you four Square Enix games that are on Nintendo systems. At this rate we might as well have Goku and Crash Bandicoot in the game.

On a less ranty note, I might be buying the collector's edition of Mega Man. I may still be mad at Crapcom but I can't stay mad at Rock Man.

I'm sure we'll get a few new characters next month from whatever announcements that Special Broadcast has. At any rate, the fact is, if Square was going to have any character in Smash, Cloud is the obvious choice. Not only because of how he is basically the most well known Square character(whether we like it or not), but because of FF7 Remake. Several people who are into Smash might decide they like Cloud and want to play his game, not to mention there are going to be several people who might buy smash because of him, and also because several people who have a Wii U might also have an 8th gen console as well.  

As for the Collector's Editions, I honestly want all three of them.
I know that FF7 was originally supposed to be developed for the N64, but I personally think that Square should have allowed someone like Black Mage(or the modern counterpart that is similar to him Vivi) rather than Cloud. I'm just sick of seeing his face all over the place.
(11-13-2015, 05:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I know that FF7 was originally supposed to be developed for the N64, but I personally think that Square should have allowed someone like Black Mage(or the modern counterpart that is similar to him Vivi) rather than Cloud. I'm just sick of seeing his face all over the place.

Yeah, I agree. It's just makes so much sense to do it that way though, even if we don't like it. Also, FF9, great as it was, probably would never get a character outside of a Square game, even if it is Vivi.
I'd like a Dragon Quest character more, but this is still pretty awesome.
(11-13-2015, 07:53 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 05:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I know that FF7 was originally supposed to be developed for the N64, but I personally think that Square should have allowed someone like Black Mage(or the modern counterpart that is similar to him Vivi) rather than Cloud. I'm just sick of seeing his face all over the place.

Yeah, I agree. It's just makes so much sense to do it that way though, even if we don't like it. Also, FF9, great as it was, probably would never get a character outside of a Square game, even if it is Vivi.
I think some of us can all agree that other characters that Square had would have been a better choice for Smash. Heck. I know I wanted geno(and so do others) but like I said. I'm already sick of Final Fantasy. Square should do other things, but they won't listen unless if makes more money than anything that is worse than what FF is going through.
I think Final Fantasy is pretty worthy of it. We can argue over semantics all day if we wanted, but its still around because its successful. Its a good series. Sure, not all of its entries are universally loved, but what is? We talk more about Sonic the Hedgehog than we do Final Fantasy and look at what they've been putting out. Heck, Pac-Man is in the game.
(11-13-2015, 08:21 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 07:53 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

I think some of us can all agree that other characters that Square had would have been a better choice for Smash. Heck. I know I wanted geno(and so do others) but like I said. I'm already sick of Final Fantasy. Square should do other things, but they won't listen unless if makes more money than anything that is worse than what FF is going through.

I'm gonna stop you there because Square does a lot more than Final Fantasy. They have a hand in Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest and a few others. Final Fantasy may be at the forefront, but they've got a lot more going on than just that and it's ignorant to say otherwise.
(11-13-2015, 08:25 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I think Final Fantasy is pretty worthy of it. We can argue over semantics all day if we wanted, but its still around because its successful. Its a good series. Sure, not all of its entries are universally loved, but what is? We talk more about Sonic the Hedgehog than we do Final Fantasy and look at what they've been putting out. Heck, Pac-Man is in the game.

The way I see it, they should stick to games that were on Nintendo systems and had a main role in the game. Sonic had the Secret Rings and tons of other games, Ryu has Street Fighter, Pac-man has tons of games, and even Snake has had Metal Gear on NES and Twin Snakes on GCN and Snake's Revenge if we REALLY want to stretch. I'm not agenst a Final Fantasy character in the game, but I'd rather have Terra/Locke/Kefka from VI, Exdeath from V, or (god forbid) Vann/Penelo from XII: Revenant Wings (a DS game). I would have even taken a Pokemon Trainer style combo of Black Mage, White Mage, and Fighter. I guess Cloud is ok as long as we get either The Cids (something simaler to Mega Man's Final Smash but weaker), Squall Leonhart, or Sephiroth (casting Meteor) as Assist Trophies and if we get his Kingdom Hearts and Advint Children Costumes.
Damn that Nnntendo Direct was incredibly good! Nintendo did a good job on this one. All of the Zelda stuff was the highlight for me. Cloud is Smash is cool, but Smash 4 is arse so meh. Also, been playing Cloud in Project M for years.

The Wolf Link and Midna Amiibo is so gooooood.