Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Merry Christmas Folks
or whatever it is you do around this time of year.

[Image: 5ZOWptz.png]
The Resource has some holiday stuff going on and I wanted to share.
Merry Christmas.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME SO MUCH
[Image: tumblr_nxrccd0GV71ulz69fo1_r1_540.gif]
The temperatures are hardly going under 0c (32F)... We had snow for a day, then it melted.
By this time of year, we're usually already cursing the snow and pining for spring, but goddamit that's how we like it !

We're heading back to France for a few weeks over christmas to see my family.
Christmas eve lunch at the great-uncle and great-aunt's, Christmas eve dinner at my grandparents' and Christmas lunch at the aunt and uncles ! We French celebrate by eating a lot.
Oh man I remember driving to my family's house last year on christmas day and it was in the upper thirties with no snow to be seen. Mind you, this was in southern Wisconsin where winters are usually horrible, so that was a very nice treat. Then my uncle got me a fancy RC car for some reason and I don't really like rc and it broke immediately and I was just thinking that I already have a normal car why would I ever need this but I guess it's the thought that counts so thanks terry.
(12-05-2015, 09:16 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Oh man I remember driving to my family's house last year on christmas day and it was in the upper thirties with no snow to be seen. Mind you, this was in southern Wisconsin where winters are usually horrible, so that was a very nice treat. Then my uncle got me a fancy RC car for some reason and I don't really like rc and it broke immediately and I was just thinking that I already have a normal car why would I ever need this but I guess it's the thought that counts so thanks terry.

That's just classic Terry.

Perhaps hardwire your car to run with the RC remote ? What could possibly go wrong ?
(12-05-2015, 11:06 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 09:16 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Oh man I remember driving to my family's house last year on christmas day and it was in the upper thirties with no snow to be seen. Mind you, this was in southern Wisconsin where winters are usually horrible, so that was a very nice treat. Then my uncle got me a fancy RC car for some reason and I don't really like rc and it broke immediately and I was just thinking that I already have a normal car why would I ever need this but I guess it's the thought that counts so thanks terry.

That's just classic Terry.

Perhaps hardwire your car to run with the RC remote ? What could possibly go wrong ?

I take it that the RC wasn't gas powered. Those are fun.
I just wanted to share that my family will not be celebrating Chirstmas the same way everyone else does. We do have gifts and we may even have stockings, but unlike the rest of our block or like we did last year, we have not put up our tree (and may not), we only have a handful of presents, and our yard has no decorations. We'll be celebrating it the old fashion way by just spending it together with a pizza.

I was a little bummed at first but now I see that we're celebrating the real meaning of Christmas: just being together. Isn't that what The Grinch taught us?
Bah Humbug
I like New Year's Eve.

That's about it.
YOU NERDS NEED MORE CHRISTMAS

[Image: tumblr_nwwo1j8RhE1u4taepo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nxrdiyOJym1ulz69fo1_540.gif]

[Image: large.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nhkimytPhI1u302mqo1_400.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nybzibLYrW1ulz69fo2_540.gif]

CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
Maybe I should clarify. I like Christmas a lot. It makes December more interesting at school. For example, in my ASL II class (That's American Sign Language, not Age/Sex/Location, as I've had that mix up before) we just had to sign Christmas songs. My group did the Chicago rendition of The Christmas Song. It was glorious. Most Christmas songs are great. I love Do You Hear What I Hear, O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells (obviously), and many others.

It's winter that sucks. Sure, it's cold, just like The Old Country, but the snow sucks. I live on a farm, y'all. Getting up early to care for the animals already sucks enough. The last thing I need is an unending marsh of snow that never stops replenishing.
Cold weather is the absolute worst.
Yes yes, merry this time of year.

Bought a PS4 for myself as a Christmas present, by the way. Then I remembered I already ordered an early Christmas present for myself back in summer so I guess that's gonna be arriving soon. Woo.
As of today, all of my presents for my family are warped and ready for Christmas. I have been waiting for a package of gummy bears to arrive so that I could make  my mom's gift better. The gift being a cookie jar that plays the Green Acres theme filled with her two favorite candys, Tootsie Rolls and Haribo Happy Cola.

Dude, I fucking LOVE those gummies.