Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gametrailers shutting down.
After 13 years, Gametrailers is closing down.

Sad news

Man, I'm gonna rewatch the Metroid Retrospective. I used to love Gametrailers for their top10, and Pop Ficition. Plus the guy with the best voice who worked at GT.

Really sad it's going, but I guess it wasn't used much.

Now, I need to find a way to download the Metroid Retrospective so it's always there on my computer.
It honestly surprises me how much longer GT lasted than X-Play. I remember watching their tv program at midnight on Spike. It seemed like a more professional but ultimately worse equivalent. I always enjoyed their videos where they went back and looked at older games and such though.
I never really like GT's Countdowns. "Let's count down the top what ever with numbers 8 - 1 being games that you can guess before you click on them." It was like WatchMojo before WatchMojo was a thing. And that is the only thing I really did not like about them.

GT was a preaty cool site and was the reason I knew about ScrewAttack (well them and the AVGN) and they had pretty cool shows. I haven't been there in a few years but it is a little sad to hear that it's going.
I really enjoyed Pop Fiction, but I never looked up anything else on the site. Sad news.
Well, at least I saved the Metroid and Zelda retrospective.

I remember watching them years back, and couldn't allow them to go.

I'm assuming Pop Fiction will be saved on Youtube or something, so I'm not that worried for that.

Also, after doing a bit of research on Brandon Jones (the guy with the perfect voice for narration who voices over damn near every GT thing) he's looking for some work, and people have been directing him to DYKG. I hope he is considered, he's got the perfect voice.
I'm actually pretty pissed and I'm considering boycotting defy media in protest. I've been a fan for years yet I was only part of the forum for a month as of today, and I was really starting to like it there. It's rare that I actually get upset about something like this, but I couldn't be more upset.
I used to frequent GameTrailers a lot, for about two years straight way back when. It was on there that I had first found and heard of MontyOum. Haven't really been there in years, though. The draw eventually faded for me.
Shame to see it go, but I can definitely see why it would be closing down. Can't compete with YouTube and the likes, quite frankly.
I remember watching AVGN, Screwattack and Retrospective on the site... Good times. Why does everything good have to go?
Sad times. I liked their Pop Fiction, Invisible Walls podcast and Zelda Timeline.

[Image: phoenix.png]
Did somebody cast a Phoenix Down? WHAT IS THIS INSANITY?