Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VG Facts Awards 2016 !!
Heart 
Oh boy, it's that time of year again, time to tally up the best, the loveliest, the smartest and the sexiest forum members.

This will be a three-step process for now :

Step 1 - Suggest some award categories for the ceremony. Want to vote on the manliest man, or the best vent ? Put forwards your ideas and I'll make a list. Suggestions will be open until Tuesday 23rd of February after which...

Step 2 - Now that awards have been laid out, put forward your nominees by private message with a reason why (for example, I expect a waterfall of messages along the lines of "SERIOUSLY for Manliest man because have you seen those abs ? Like a 6-square slab of the finest chocolate, 5/7." I'll put forward all nominees on a list on Wednesday 2nd of March after which...

Step 3 - Voting ! Aye, then it's time to vote ! We'll do this by preferential ballot (unless there are objections and/or a preferred voting system). Votes will be open until 24 hours before the awards ceremony. We'll fix the date at a later time to try and accommodate the most people as possible.

So how does preferential ballot work ?
Essentially, when you cast your vote, you put the candidates in your order of preference. If no-one gets over half of the votes, the person with the least vote is eliminated, and their second choice gets their vote. If someone, with these new votes, now gets over 50% of votes, we have a winner. If no-one gets over half of the votes, the person who now has the fewest votes gets eliminated and their vote is shares among the remaining candidates.

Quick example
Candidates A, B and C want to win.

Ballot 1 votes for B, then A, then C.
Ballot 2 votes for B, then C, then A.
Ballot 3 votes for A, then B, then C.
Ballot 4 votes for C, then B, then A.
Ballot 5 votes for A, then B, then C.

So that's two votes for B, two for A, one for C. No-one has over half of the votes.
As the candidate with the fewest votes, C is eliminated. The second choice therefore gets his vote. The second choice is B, so the vote goes to him/her/zir.
Now we have three votes for B, and two for A. B now has over 50% of the votes, and wins.

Here's a link to an Aussie way of explaining it - http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-...lained.gif
Or some help from Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-ru...ng#Process

To conclude, start suggesting awards !
Also I vote Cosmyk as presenter -- I'll help with the logistics and voting and whatnot.

Stay Sexy,
SERIOUSLY

SUGGESTED AWARD CATEGORIES (These are up for debate and not final)
  • Best Dream Award
  • Best Colorful Hair
  • Zombie Kill of the Week
  • Most Artsy
  • Most active
  • Showcaser - Person who brings up the coolest stuff
  • Best experience with a movie
  • Best dealer(on those who offered stuff for purchase on here)
  • Best Joker(person has to have the cleverest and funniest joke)
Holy moley, it is that time!
Thanks for heading this up, I'll be leaving my home for work in less than two weeks now and get back to Ohio in April (JUST found out an hour ago), so less stuff for me to look over the better.
This isn't a serious recommendation, but I'm curious.
Who here wants Zombie Kill of the Week?
(02-16-2016, 12:15 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: This isn't a serious recommendation, but I'm curious.
Who here wants Zombie Kill of the Week?

I'm not sure who would win it, but I think I could add that tag to my Best Dream Award from last year. Technically, if I remember correctly, that old lady I beat down with rolls of gift wrap was a zombie.

Side note: every time I read "Zombie Kill of the Week", I read it in Jesse Eisenberg's voice.

Oh, oh, oh....got one...

Best Colorful Hair
Most Artsy

Most active

Showcaser - Person who brings up the coolest stuff
Oh goodie its that time again. Now for my suggestions for categories.

Best experience with a movie

Best dealer(on those who offered stuff for purchase on here)

Best Joker(person has to have the most clever and funniest joke).
Depending on whither or not anyone in my house has to work that day, I may or may not be apart of it this year.

How about:
Best Good News (for best anti-vent or just plain good news post)
Worst Luck (for best/worst vent or just plain bad news post)
Best Trivia Find (for trivia posted since the last VGFA (March 22))
Best Player (for anyone who streams and/or speedruns)
Biggest Fanboy/Girl?

I don't know, guys. I just don't know.
Eyyy this thing is back for me to comment on once then ignore forever :D

Here's my few ideas.

Best Rant
Best Signature
Best Story
Most Entertaining Post
Weirdest Photo
Best streamer
Best video-maker-guy
Best collaboration
Best Narration
Least Obnoxious

Anti-Categories I like

Least Artsy
Worst experience with a movie
Least Active  #RIPBeardy
Most Thankful (we did that last year, didn't we?)

EDIT: Most Compulsive Thanker
Oh and I meant Least Artsy as more of an endearing thing and not a put down, like for the MS Paint thread and stuff.

Also, Best/Worst Kidnapping scare so I can win something :D
Runner-up King of the Forums?
You gotta bring back the Get Some Sleep Man Award.
Are twitch streams integrated enough in these forums? There's a handful of us that do stream and that could be worth noting.
Rookie of the Year and
Comeback of the Year