Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unable to Submit Trivia
Hello, I tried submitting some trivia this morning to be confronted by a screen asking me to read the Submission Guidelines, which I clicked on and then read and accepted them, only to be returned once again to the page asking me to read the Guidelines before posting yet again.
I've tried again and again, clearing my cache and even installing Firefox Nightly to make sure it wasn't the fault of my browser (Google Chrome). I've posted trivia here before, but didn't have any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've manually marked you as having read the guidelines so you should be good to go but I do want to get to the bottom of this. Were you receiving any sort of error or was it just redirecting you straight back to your original page? I tested it and had no issues myself so I'm having a very hard time re-producing this error. It was a problem we had early on due to a database issue but once we resolved that, I haven't seen this error pop back up until now.

Edit:
Okay, actually, I think I see what's going on. Since you hadn't made any changes to your profile yet, the custom field that gets created to store whether or not you've read the guidelines wasn't there to be updated yet. I'll have a look at the code and see if I can get it to create it for people in your situation.
(03-29-2013, 11:08 AM)Petie Wrote: I've manually marked you as having read the guidelines so you should be good to go but I do want to get to the bottom of this. Were you receiving any sort of error or was it just redirecting you straight back to your original page? I tested it and had no issues myself so I'm having a very hard time re-producing this error. It was a problem we had early on due to a database issue but once we resolved that, I haven't seen this error pop back up until now.

It didn't come up with any errors, just straight back to the original page as if that's where it was meant to go.
It is - the code was actually working correctly. It just had nothing to update. Looking into it further though, I can't quite figure out why those gaps in the database were even created. It hasn't happened since the very early members joined and I'm thinking that was likely due to the fact that when we reset the database after the beta, it cleared that table and the fields aren't re-created until a profile update occurs. Regardless, you should be good now.