Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fable Legends cancelled, Lionhead Studios shutting down
Just like the title states, Fable Legends is cancelled and Lionhead Studios is closing down

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/07/m...-knoxville
Fable is just one of those series that struck out well and lost favor all in one swoop. Its a shame, honestly.
I can't say I'm surprised. All the delays, then everyone stopped talking about it. This ending really shouldn't shock anyone.
Oh damn. Here's hoping the employees get picked up right away.
I hope so too for the employees. But on the topic of Fable I had lost interest in it even though the last one I played was in fact Fable 3.
Shame about Lionhead. As much as they were dying by the time Fable 2 came out and completely dead by Fable 3. I kept hope that they would make a new Fable game akin to the first Fable.

It's not even hard, just take the first game's engine. Improve graphic, Push it 500 years into the future, add more weapons and make the story about the guild being overrun from people not wanting heroes anymore since the use of will power scares them and they kill the guild master (who happens to be the MC's father, who watches this at the age of 10) he runs away with several survivors of the guild and becomes stronger to face a danger of a corrupt king or something that's been bad mouthing the Heroes guild so it wouldn't be used anymore so he could basically rule Albion without anyone being strong enough to question his actions.

What could be cool, is that it could actually turn out to be the original hero from the first Fable game, but this one put on Jack's mask and became evil and has been trying to rule Albion for the past 500 years.

Still, I'll miss them. Fable was such a great game, everything about it was really cool and the music was amazing. I enjoyed the exploration more than anything else. Going from the guild, back to Oakvale through dangerous forests, then going to Knothole Glade and the Arena. It was really cool. It's funny, I always disliked medieval themes in video games, but Fable for some reason really stuck with me. Guess it was because it was based solely on England and was full of banter and everything from the music to the fact I could call my character "Arseface" was just hilarious to my 9 year old self.

I have a few friends who have recommended me to play Fables, but I wasn't interested in playing the games. Sad to see that the studio has to close its doors. Another good studio bites the dust thanks to microsucks.