Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Riot buys Radiant Studio's, cancels Rising Thunder
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03...cancelled/

Well, that happened. It's been a bad week for games with this recent cancellation on top of Fable Legends. The good news is, is that Radiant isn't being shut down with this cancellation, but it's impossible to know exactly why Riot bought them. The other game that Radiant was working on, has not been cancelled largely and likely due to the fact that it was crowdfunded, and the game even seems to be on the same track, at least for now. 

What are your thoughts on this new buy-out? Personally, I'm a little upset because I thought Rising Thunder was going to change the face of fighting games for people who are willing to get into them, or feel unwelcome due to the challenge they can create. Either way, we'll see what happens. Maybe Riot will have them a game like Rising Thunder but more in Riot's style, or have them work towards moving their MOBA's forward. Time will tell.
Rising Thunder died faster than Blazblue in terms of relevance, so...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, seriously, that game died pretty fast, and here's why:

>Very little follow up exposure/advertisement after EVO reveal

>It's PC, but not on steam...

>It's PC, so there's little support at locals due to lack of console support

>It's bland. Nothing really exciting except the whole low barrier of entry thing

>It's unfinished, early access games fall off all the time. This is no different

>Pretty much non-existent launch. Never saw this game in tourney form once, this kills the scene

so short story short: i don't care (personally speaking) about the cancellation of that game since it was already dead. Besides, the guys who developed Rising Thinder can grab everything they learned and create another fighting game (i hope).