Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TV's Lincar Rox and His Art
Tongue 
Hi. Lincar Rox here. I'm an animator, cartoonist, storyboard artist, character designer, comedian, musician and voice artist. I normally don't do these sort of things or visit these forums for showing my art but I was recommended by a friend on deviantArt to give this sight a try. I'm a huge video game nerd so I figured you know, why not? I also figured that this may give me even more feedback and receptions than Tumblr and deviantArt (I'm actually considering quitting deviantArt once my Core Membership is up because apparently, people are interested in fan art more than original characters, but I'll wait until then).

I use a variety of mediums for my art: Papermate black flair pens, Pivot double sided brush pens, Flash, Sketchbook Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Prismacolor/Crayola Markers

I varied my art style for whatever I feel that day: For traditional art, it's done in brush pens with markers. For art I intend to ink and draw, I first sketch the rough poses with Col-Erase/Prismacolor markers (or a similar face-smile), then I ink it with either flair pens or brush pens, then I scan it and color it in Photoshop. Nowadays, I mostly sketch the rough poses in Sketchbook Pro or Photoshop, then ink and color in Photoshop. That goes the same for comics. For sketches, I typically use what's in my pocket.

Here are some sample art I did:
[Image: abdo__hello_my_habibis_by_pencilord-d9wofqn.png]
Abdo from Ownage Pranks drawn on Sketchbook Pro.

[Image: the_quint_5_by_pencilord-d9p8vqz.png]
A Sketchbook Pro sample sheet of a project I wish to pitch "The Quint 5". About a former gang of quintuplets with special abilities who perform as a a capella boyband called Dreamboat Express and are often hunted down by various gang rivals, a money-grubbing manager named Brian and other misadventures. Think of Osomatsu-kun meets The Warriors.

[Image: dementoid_by_pencilord-d9lz7mm.png]
The basic titular character, Dementoid, for a pitch I'm planning on doing for Disney XD by Maker. It's basically about a straight A, athletic, popular kid named Sydney Dextrose aka Icchi who one day transforms into a Freakazoid/The Mask-esque superhero who is out right insane and wacky. If it gets accepted, I plan on getting Johnny Yong Bosch for the role. Inked by hand with flair pen and colored in Photoshop. No special filters or anything. Just plain ol point and click the paintcan stuff.
[Image: rockoon__you_think_i_m_playin__by_pencilord-d9sjzf3.png]
A Sketchbook Pro sketch of Rockoon from TOME saying my favorite line. Shared it with Rockoon's VA "Deven Mack" on Tumblr. I also asked him if he would play Meowth in a project I was doing. He wasn't able to as since he's now a full time VO, he doesn't take freelance offers and Rockoon was actually a favor that he normally wouldn't have done.
[Image: ok_ko______by_pencilord-d9r4rsk.png]

KO from Cartoon Network's OK KO: Lets Be Heroes! After the release of the iPad game and selective shorts, I decided to draw him.

Tell me what you think and comment below.
Not bad. Not bad at all. Some cel shading can make the Green-haired dude (Dementoid?) pop.
I cannot offer much on recommendation on mediums since I'm very traditional with charcoal, pastels, watercolor, Sigma ink pens (I do have preferences on brands because of the quality, but when I use the "good stuff" in usually working on something that takes me hours to do)
I do have the Paint Joy app on my phone, though. I find it to be fun to doodle around with.
(04-03-2016, 06:53 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Not bad. Not bad at all. Some cel shading can make the Green-haired dude (Dementoid?) pop.
I cannot offer much on recommendation on mediums since I'm very traditional with charcoal, pastels, watercolor, Sigma ink pens (I do have preferences on brands because of the quality, but when I use the "good stuff" in usually working on something that takes me hours to do)
I do have the Paint Joy app on my phone, though. I find it to be fun to doodle around with.

I don't need recommendations for my mediums. I'm doing just fine with my brush pens.

Thanks for requesting some shading for Dementoid. I guess I played around with the levels rather than leaving it how it is.
A few things, though. KO looks like he has two left feet. To me, they also look......lazy, maybe.....like two straight lines and quick zigzags for each foot. It may have looked different to me if what appears to be the right foot big toe was where the big toe is rather than the pinky toe. The shorts do the same thing.
For the feet, I'd try something like these:

[Image: ayhKH8U.jpg]

[Image: CbixmTd.jpg]
In fairness, I rushed with KO so yeah!
Here some more art, I forgot:

This was a fan art of Tyrone for Ownage Pranks. What's funny about this?! I usually do my art by sketching in Sketchbook Pro than ink and color in Photoshop. Before I ink, I change the DPI to 300 since Sketchbook's dpi is automatically 100. This one I forgot to do it. Netherless, I was honored that Ownage Pranks found it and gave me the honor of placing it in his video for Jumpcut Academy. See if you can find it here, as well as my fan art of Rakesh: own.ag/comedy
[Image: tyrone_of_ownage_pranks_by_pencilord-d9o4b4s.png]

This was a collaborative piece I did to celebrate Cartoon Network's Mighty Magiswords TV greenlight with some images borrowed and with permission from several DA folks:
[Image: mighty_magiswords_greenlight_congrats__b...a6pleg.png]

A friend of mine wanted me to draw my character from my comic "Kaiju-Believe" Crossfire Fox, with the character that was the main inspiration for him, Rockoon from TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise. Deven Mack, Rockoon's writer and voice artist, was pleased about it. I didn't use my signature chistel tip PS brush for this one.
[Image: a_rocky_cross_by_pencilord-da7tx1s.png]
I did a funny Loud House fan art where the Loud family dressed like characters from Osomatsu-san (an anime that's kinda similar to the show but different in every way)
[Image: the_loud_housomatsu_san_by_pencilord-da6qser.png]
My recent one. Magiswords TV has been given an airdate: Sept. 29. So i drew this to celebrate. It was on Storyboard Pro but the color was done in Photoshop.
[Image: mighty_magiswords_premieres_sept__29__by...aeasyy.png]

Also, Ian Jones-Quartey (creator of Cartoon Network's OK KO!) found my fan art of KO, printed it and posted it on his wall of fan art. See if you can find it here: http://ianjq.tumblr.com/image/140290055579

Here's the image for those who are stuck:
[Image: ok_ko______by_pencilord-d9r4rsk.png]

Tell me what you think.
Here are some old art that I did:

[Image: hodge_podge_posse__lineup_by_pencilord-dabn7xx.png]
A character lineup for a pitch that didn't get picked up. Would've been a great concept.

[Image: magiswords___real_housewives_of_rhybofla...ak1lzf.jpg]
Based on The Real Housekeepers series, I drew selective female characters on CN's Mighty Magiswords and made them swap clothings.

[Image: in_memory_of_c__martin_croker_by_pencilord-dai8cfs.png]
A tribute to the late Clay Croker who passed away a month ago. Sad he's gone.

[Image: i_made_beach_city_normal_redux_by_pencilord-dab9gcu.png]
A revision from an old piece I did of a doppleganger-esque parallel universe where BEACH CITY is normal (Disclaimer: Ruby and Sapphire are still a relationship. They just come out often. Fusions are immuned so Garnet has no change)

[Image: prohyas_ghostbuster_by_pencilord-daaz7ap.png]
Prohyas (Mighty Magiswords) as a ghostbuster. Inked traditionally, colored digitally.

[Image: morbidia_in_bikini_by_pencilord-dai3zd4.png]
Morbidia (Mighty Magiswords) in a bikini for Egoraptor's Cutie Saturday. Coincidence is that Egoraptor voices Morbidia's sidekick and familiar, Gateaux.

[Image: roy_and_yumama_samba__by_pencilord-da1f6sr.png]
For an old Flamenco Art Jam, Roy Sherwood (from my OAV Pink Roy) tangoing with Yumi.

[Image: the_two_garys_by_pencilord-da09oim.png]
My character Gary the Gecko dressed as Soul Eater and Goku from Dragonball Z. Represents the fact that I considered Micah Solusod and Sean Schemmel for the role before I chose Todd Haberkorn.

[Image: rapid_rodent_poses_by_pencilord-d9lz2wv.png]
Rapid Rodent. From a pitch I never finished.

Comments?