Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum Walkthrough
Rep.

Your reputation or "rep" is displayed in your user information. Positive rep will appear green, negative rep will appear red. It's a general indication of a users interactions on the forums. You can give positive or negative rep to another user by clicking on their rep at the side.

Tags.

All standard BBCode tags work on our forums.
Code:
[IMG]Image URL[/IMG]
[B]Bold text[/B]
[I]Italic text[/I]
[spoiler]Your spoiler text or image will be hidden[/spoiler]

You can also embed videos in the advanced/full post options in the top right of "your message."

We suggest using an avatar. It goes you an identity and helps people forum bonds within the community.

For the signatures, please view the Signature Guidelines thread! Thanks!
What are the "groups" in the User CP? Describe, please.

(I feel like we discussed this on the other forum but I don't remember)
For most, they won't do anything. The groups section lets you join any publicly joinable groups (of which we have none) and set your display group if you are a member of more than one user group (public or otherwise), which most people are not.
(03-18-2013, 10:23 AM)Petie Wrote: For most, they won't do anything. The groups section lets you join any publicly joinable groups (of which we have none) and set your display group if you are a member of more than one user group (public or otherwise), which most people are not.

Oh ok. So I can't make a group, then? Like a "Zelda fans" or something. It's an admin/mod thing?
Indeed. Since those group memberships actually control site permissions, they can only be created on the Admin CP. I don't think there's a way to allow members to actually create groups but I'll take another look at the control panel and get back to you.
Ok, gotcha. It's no big deal. I was just mostly curious. It would be cool if we could make and join groups though.
So, I'm thinking of getting rid of the signature part in the walkthrough and making a separate topic on it.

(03-18-2013, 10:41 AM)Petie Wrote: Indeed. Since those group memberships actually control site permissions, they can only be created on the Admin CP. I don't think there's a way to allow members to actually create groups but I'll take another look at the control panel and get back to you.

I don't know if these types of boards allow it. I know when using vBulletin, you can do that stuff pretty easily. But using a vBulletin board is very expensive.
Petie- I was going to give you a rep, but apparently there is a limit on how much I can give in a day, and I have already hit said limit.

Zombie- Are people having a lot of trouble with them?

On groups- I really have no idea how forums are made/work, so the whole 'no groups' thing is totally cool. But if it ever becomes reality, let me know so I can make a Zelda group :)
Not really, but there should really be a limit on what signatures should be. I just don't like scrolling down a page and seeing these huge sig's.
(03-18-2013, 10:43 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: I don't know if these types of boards allow it. I know when using vBulletin, you can do that stuff pretty easily. But using a vBulletin board is very expensive.

I'm pretty sure MyBB doesn't. You're right about vBulletin supporting it as well as being expensive though.

(03-18-2013, 10:45 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: Petie- I was going to give you a rep, but apparently there is a limit on how much I can give in a day, and I have already hit said limit.

Hehe, thanks :) I think the limit is actually too low since we're allowing post-based rep. I think we need to either disable post rep or increase the limit of rep per day. I'll look into doing this a little later.
(03-18-2013, 10:51 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Not really, but there should really be a limit on what signatures should be. I just don't like scrolling down a page and seeing these huge sig's.

Yeah some posters' post:sig ratio is really out of whack, and needs to be addressed.
(03-18-2013, 10:51 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Not really, but there should really be a limit on what signatures should be. I just don't like scrolling down a page and seeing these huge sig's.

Oh I see. I don't blame you.

(03-18-2013, 10:54 AM)Petie Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 10:45 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: Petie- I was going to give you a rep, but apparently there is a limit on how much I can give in a day, and I have already hit said limit.

Hehe, thanks :) I think the limit is actually too low since we're allowing post-based rep. I think we need to either disable post rep or increase the limit of rep per day. I'll look into doing this a little later.

I vote for increased limit!
I did both! I just increased the limit for pretty much all groups but also disabled rep-per-post as I feel that invites abuse of the system. I'm up for discussion about the latter though.
(03-18-2013, 11:16 AM)Petie Wrote: I did both! I just increased the limit for pretty much all groups but also disabled rep-per-post as I feel that invites abuse of the system. I'm up for discussion about the latter though.

I personally enjoy being able to add more rep through posts. But thanks for raising the limit!! :)
how does the star system work do you get a star or posts,thanks,rep?