Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kamen Rider!
Anyone here a fan of the Kamen Rider shows? I regret to admit that I haven't finished the last Kamen Rider or really started on the current one, but I have seen just about every series before, not including the really old Kamen Rider because I can't find them anywhere.

Anyways, does anyone watch? Let's talk some Kamen Rider awesomeness.
What is this?? Japanese Power Rangers?
(04-04-2013, 04:39 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote: What is this?? Japanese Power Rangers?

pretty much, there are even Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based around them called masked heroes.
(04-04-2013, 04:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

pretty much, there are even Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based around them called masked heroes.

Really? Are you watching this one? I have to say it had pretty good visual effects.
For those who have no idea what Kamen Rider is, look for a show called Masked rider. It's a really bad show but it was made by Saban from other Kamen Rider shows. If you want a really good show start with, try Kamen Rider OOO, or Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.
(04-04-2013, 04:50 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 04:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Really? Are you watching this one? I have to say it had pretty good visual effects.

Not personally, but I get around.

Yes and no. Power Rangers is far newer than Kamen Rider and is based off of another series in Japan, and I mean that literally. The fight scenes in Power Rangers are from the Japanese shows they are based on. Kamen Rider can also be a bit darker than and more for adults or at least older teens than anything Power Rangers. The concepts are pretty similar though.
(04-04-2013, 09:55 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

Yes and no. Power Rangers is far newer than Kamen Rider and is based off of another series in Japan, and I mean that literally. The fight scenes in Power Rangers are from the Japanese shows they are based on. Kamen Rider can also be a bit darker than and more for adults or at least older teens than anything Power Rangers. The concepts are pretty similar though.

I find that both Kamen rider and Super Sentai are more mature than Power Rangers. I think it has to do with Japanese not being as strong with censoring what children see. Still, it is interesting to see how both are different.
I used to watch Power Rangers every weekend on telly when I was a kid. I really liked that show back then! The actual title it was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and it aired from 1993-1996 originally, if I am not mistaken. After that the show sucked for me and I didn't like it any longer.

I don't know how much I am into watching a something like this again, but if you are saying it's more mature than Power Rangers well then I guess it's worth trying. I will let you know which my first impression will be. Anyone would like to suggest me a good episode?
(04-05-2013, 04:12 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote: I used to watch Power Rangers every weekend on telly when I was a kid. I really liked that show back then! The actual title it was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and it aired from 1993-1996 originally, if I am not mistaken. After that the show sucked for me and I didn't like it any longer.

I don't know how much I am into watching a something like this again, but if you are saying it's more mature than Power Rangers well then I guess it's worth trying. I will let you know which my first impression will be. Anyone would like to suggest me a good episode?

Kamen Rider has a new series every season. So every year we have a new one. I would say that a good starter is probably W or OOO.
W is really good. I liked Fourze a lot too.

My problem is not having enough time to watch them. I've watched a lot of W but I'm still not even close to the end. I used to watch the new Fourze every week but got behind on it.

I have the same problem with any Super Sentai series.

I just need more time... more time...
(04-08-2013, 08:03 PM)CzarDragon Wrote: W is really good. I liked Fourze a lot too.

My problem is not having enough time to watch them. I've watched a lot of W but I'm still not even close to the end. I used to watch the new Fourze every week but got behind on it.

I have the same problem with any Super Sentai series.

I just need more time... more time...

I'm behind on fourze as well. I got about half way through it and I just haven't been able to finish it. I saw the first two episodes of the new one that's going on now.