Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games you vitally remember from your childhood?
What games and consoles were most memorable from your childhood?
My childhood had the PS1 the PS2 and a Dreamcast.
I mainly remember Crash Bandicoot, Sonic Adventure, Micro Machines, and We Love Katamari (Because Katamari Damacy wasn't released in the UK)
The Game boy pocket is the console I remember most. It got me into video games along with the first game I ever owned, Pokemon Blue.

I played that game SO much! Any memories I have of my childhood seem to feature Pokemon in some way, even if it is only as a side not on a few. That's the defining game, not only of my childhood but my life in general.
SNES:
Lufia 2, SMW, SMW2:YI, FF3 (6), Chrono Trigger, Killer Instinct, Super Mario RPG, EVO:Search for Eden, Aladdin, DKC series and Megaman X series.

Genesis:
SOR series, Golden Axe series, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Gunstar Heroes, Contra: Hard Corps, Boogerman and Shinobi series.

I got lucky... My parents bought the SNES during the holidays and my grandparents got me the Genesis.
The Donkey Kong Country games on the SNES

Pokemon Blue/Yellow on the Gameboy Color

The 7th Guest/The 11th Hour along with Myst and Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster on the PC/Mac

Age of Empires 2/Age of Mythology.

Super Mario 64/Space Station Silicon Valley/Mario Kart 64 on the N64
-Super Mario Land 1/2 (Game Boy)
-Tekken 2 (PSX)
-Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Game Boy)
-Zelda: A Link To The Past (Game Boy Remake)
DuckTales:Quest For Gold
Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?
F-Zero X
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
SSX Tricky
Paper Mario
OOT
Super Mario World
Sim City (SNES)
Pokemon Leaf Green
Depends on what the cut off date is:
Pokemon Yellow
Tekken 2
Sonic The Hedgehog
Medieval
Final Fantasy 7
Ecco The Dolphin
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros Melee(It was 10 years ago so I guess that counts)
Resident Evil 1
Abes Oddysee/Exodus
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Driver 2
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Banjo-Kazooie
Digimon World
When I was starting out playing I had an SNES and Kirby Super Star (which I loved/ still love playing), but I remember very fondly N64 and playing both Zeldas and Star Fox 64. My family used to have a "Party Night" where we would play Mario Party 1-3 with my dad always pick Yoshi. When I got mt PS2 in elementary school, I played the Kingdom Hearts series and Sly Cooper series. I played Sly 2 each day before school and Loved it. Hack, Sly 3 and Kingdom hearts 2 were the first games I bought myself. Before all of that, I played Edutainment games like Reader Rabbit and Carmen San Diego.
Pokemon: Gold/Silver, put so many hours into those games it's not even funny.
Star Fox 64: I remember when I finally made it to Venom to fight the "upgraded" Star Wolf, I couldn't ever beat them.
I had a SNES, but I sucked at those games so bad I can't really say anything other than the Donkey Kongs and Mario titles stuck with me.

I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when it comes to the N64, though. I get pumped anytime I hear Star Fox 64 music and that wonderfully cheesy dialogue can't be beat. Then of course you have Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Pokemon Snap, Super Smash Brothers, and lots of other titles that have already been listed.

I only had a Game Boy Color for Pokemon. Red has a special place in my heart and also made sure I would never be able to go near Cinnabar Island in any version without getting creeped out. Missingo will actually pop up talking to the old man first, but it's extremely rare. I saw him by accident first, then looked him up on the internet, and the glitches around it are still freaky. If you're ever bored, start a new game and put either a male or female symbol at the end of your name for even more glitchiness.

The PS2 was totally my favorite system of all time, but I got that in my teens when I wised up and realized it was the system all the best games were on.
This list could go on and on since I have been playing games for a long time but basically before September 2000 (when I got the Dreamcast and moved on to be a teenager):
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic 2 (this and the original I played the most on the Mega Drive, one time I got up to Metropolis Zone after 10pm at night and when you are 8/9 years old it isn't a good thing)
- Sonic 3 (got to Marble Garden and not much further, didn't really like it as much as the first two and might have been my first game that I got with my small pocket money)
- Sonic & Knuckles (got to Flying Battery Act 1 Boss and never beaten it, same reason as Sonic 3)
- Sonic Triple Trouble (or Sonic & Tails 2 [title screen]/ Sonic 4 [pirate multicart menu]) This was my go to game on the Game Gear
- The Lucky Dime Caper (the other go to Game Gear game)
- Fight I meant... Mortal Kombat II
- Streets of Rage
- The Revenge of Shinobi
- Super Mario Land
- Super Mario Land 2 (played this quite a lot and completed it a couple of times)
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (I remember playing this one summer before I moved away to the flat where I live now, well for the last 13 years)
- Super Mario 64 (came with the N64)
- F1 World Grand Prix (it was my older brother's copy that later on ended up mine, I sneakily played it while he was out since he doesn't like me)
- Rage Racer (ditto)
- Rogue Squadron (ditto but he sold it I think and later got it from a car boot sale I think)
- Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 (ditto)
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time (ditto but got the version that was included in Wind Waker instead)
- Donkey Kong 64 (just about, it was expensive like most N64 games)
- Donkey Kong Country GBC (might count)
- LEGO Racers
- Castle of Illusion
- Desert Strike
- Taz: Escape from Mars
- Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (I played this game quite a lot to the point where the disc got heavily scratched)
- Driver
- Tekken 3 (also played Tekken 2 that was my brother's but he sold it)
- Cruis'n USA (remember playing it in an arcade in Lanzarote and completing it, later got the N64 port)
- GoldenEye
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Super Smash Bros. (that was delayed)
- Crash Bandicoot 2 (my first PS1 game and nearly completed it back then)
- Gran Turismo (that was a birthday present since the game was really hyped up at the time, played it a lot but hated the license tests)
- Gran Turismo 2 (just about)
- Grand Theft Auto (yes, I played it when I was 10 years old and didn't find it to be that "super violent" game that was publicised at the time)
- GTA London (ditto)
- TOCA Touring Car Championship
- Time Crisis (both arcade and console)
- Point Blank (ditto)
- Street Fighter Collection (Super Street Fighter II/Turbo/Alpha 2 Gold)
- Ridge Racer Type 4
- Metal Gear Solid
- Soul Blade
- Sonic Spinball
- Pokemon Blue (this was back in the day before something bad happened and when everyone played Pokemon)
- Pokemon Pinball (my first import game since it was delayed in Europe)
- Micro Machines 96 (remember making some tracks using the track editor)
- Micro Machines V3
- Ape Escape (even though it was rented)
- V-Rally 2 (ditto)
- Crash Bandicoot 3 (ditto)

Some arcade games I faintly remember playing, most of it was in Spain or Gran Canaria (where it was 100 [cien] pesetas per game, about 30p):
- Sega Rally
- Sega Rally 2 (got the Dreamcast version later)
- Time Crisis 2 (since it took a while to be remade on the PS2)
- Operation Wolf (once)
- OutRunners
- Scud Race
- Virtua Cop
- Daytona USA
- Daytona 2: Battle on the Edge
- Panic Park (only once but I remember the setup)
- Silent Scope (just about)
- Silent Scope 2 (squeezing it, did get the PS2 version later)
- Star Wars Trilogy (I played this in a seaside arcade but later on played in Spain every time I went to the arcade until it was removed recently and is one of the few games I wished it is ported to a console)

I also remember some of the games that I played but took them back or traded:
- Ridge Racer Revolution (too hard)
- V-Rally (Platinum version, ditto)
- Mission Impossible (Game Boy Color version, it wasn't very good)
Excuse my underage but Halo 2 is still pretty fresh up in my head, I played that game so much, along with Fable, loved both of them, and it saddens me to see how the series is today.

Also, Pokemon Sapphire, and Minish Cap. Loved both of them.

As for the Dreamcast, my earliest memory was staying up a school night to play Quake 3, and Sonic Adventure, man to be carefree and young again.
PS2, GBC, Starcraft 1 has claimed 1/5 of my childhood, Impossible Creatures and Empire Earth combined 1/16th
Ms.Pac-man