Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Quest Builders confirmed for US and Europe this October
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/27/117961...h-ps4-vita

Sadly it will only be digital on Vita, but it's coming, so if you were waiting, you won't have but 5 months to wait. The release isn't down to a specific day yet, but I bet like many other games said to release this fall and Winter, a release date will be revealed at E3, all the more reason for Square to have another conference this year. I am honestly super excited for this, because it will take something like Dragon Quest to get me to play a minecraft kind of game, and I've seen some gameplay of this from Japan, and it looks fun. 

For anyone who doesn't know, the plot is based off the first Dragon Quest game wherein the main character at one point gets to choose whether or not to split the land between himself and his villain who proposed the idea. Originally of course, the hero refused but this takes place in an alternate world where the hero does take the proposal and is ultimately betrayed. The hero you play in this game, is working towards rebuilding the land and maybe even beating the foe who caused all the damage you need to fix.
I'm basing this off the trailer that I saw for this game. It looks like Dragon Quest meets what might be Minecraft.
I hope its good. I enjoyed Minecraft, but it lost its charm after a while. Dragon Quest is a whole buncha charm though so who knows?
(05-28-2016, 04:42 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: I'm basing this off the trailer that I saw for this game.  It looks like Dragon Quest meets what might be Minecraft.

That's correct. Thankfully though, we won't have to wait years for a story mode or pay for something else besides the base game to get a story, and that the game actually looks like a PS4 game instead of Final Fantasy 7 with brighter colors. DQ games tend to have pretty good stories as well and having played am emulated Dragon Quest before, it will be interesting to see what they decided happens with what is an alternate world where evil got half of the land, only to take it all, or at least most of it later. Minecraft doesn't have the background that DQ does so it'll be fun to see what happens.