Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
Free Gaming Thread v3

Right O' laides and gents. Version 3 is here. The last thread last a good 2 years pretty much to the very day. Always feel free to post anything you want that you don't think really warrants a whole new thread over. That being said, with E3 in less than 24 hours there's going to be plenty to talk about so try make a new thread about regarding E3/year news announcements so we can keep the discussion separate and the forum healthy.  

You've all been fine so far so I don't really need to explain this.

Thanks for understanding.
*Blame CosmykTheDolfyn and his mustache for the name

Archive
v1: http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-23.html
v2: http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-1657.html
Can someone explain the whole "CosmykTheDolfyn and his mustache" thing?
Cosmyk's got a very famous mustache in the speed running community.

I'm going through my "I wanna play Yu-Gi-Oh! but don't know anyone who does anymore and don't want to support Konami anyway" mindset at the moment.
Best thread name.
Do I really have to see this name for the next three years or so.....
To be honest, there a lot of good ones on there but I found that the funniest. That being said, I can change it.
Change it? That's silly...we all just have to be more active and get this thing over 100 posts ASAP if you want it changed!

We can start with daily praise for Cosmyk's Russian-swooning 'stache. ;)
I wonder how many people are going to find themselves unable to run Skyrim after the forced update takes effect.
I made the mustache one as a total narcissistic joke.  I'm so sorry everyone...
Not really, no.
In other news, I spent an entire weekend in a single hotel conference room with a bunch of speedrunning nerds and had a blast :D
With the E3 announcement, I was reminded of a music video about a certain game character...
So, here's something interesting.

If you ever get a chance to look at the original Pokemon games and the movesets of all the Pokémon held by late game trainers, you'll notice something quite odd. There seems to be little to no thought put into the movesets of any of the Pokemon in their team, bar one.

Take Blue, his Rhydon only knows Normal moves and only two of them do any damage. Horn Drill and Fury Attack. The reasoning behind this was pretty much just incompetence and laziness from Game Freak. When they programmed the game, it turned out that they could only give a trainer one special set of moves for one Pokemon, meanwhile the rest are just the Pokémon's own level up set of moves.

In other words, if this was you playing the game. You would never use TM's/HM's and you would say "Yes" to every prompt to give them a new move. Except for one Pokemon, where you would chose TM's and HM's for their moves.

So, while his Alakazam will have a decent moveset his other Pokémon just...won't. You can look at people like Giovanni as well, it's the same there.

It's no wonder this game took 6 years to make, and the sequel when given to Iwata was able to contain around 80% of the original game on top of the base game which took up the whole space of the cartridge before it was given to him.

This is something they still do for less important trainers in the game. Take Aqua Admin Matt in Pokemon Emerald. He is only battled one time, guarding the submarine in Lillycove, and he has a Mightyena that knows no damaging moves.
602 streams have already started on Twitch.
If you don't know what that is, it's getting all 602 stars in Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2 sittings at max (you can only take a single hour break when needed). Even for a good player who has spent a lot of time practicing, that's about 30 hours straight of streaming with only a single break.

Sometimes, I realize that I'm not the crazy one.
(06-20-2016, 05:21 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: 602 streams have already started on Twitch.
If you don't know what that is, it's getting all 602 stars in Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2 sittings at max (you can only take a single hour break when needed).  Even for a good player who has spent a lot of time practicing, that's about 30 hours straight of streaming with only a single break.

I mean, when people do 100% speedruns of Animal Crossing (of which the world record is over 51 hrs [over 2 days]), and it's all livestreamed, anything is possible.
(06-21-2016, 02:10 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:21 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: 602 streams have already started on Twitch.
If you don't know what that is, it's getting all 602 stars in Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2 sittings at max (you can only take a single hour break when needed).  Even for a good player who has spent a lot of time practicing, that's about 30 hours straight of streaming with only a single break.

I mean, when people do 100% speedruns of Animal Crossing (of which the world record is over 51 hrs [over 2 days]), and it's all livestreamed, anything is possible.
Well, there is Baiten Kaitos 100% that's nearly two weeks. But that long of Mario is harder I think, becuase it's difficult platforming the whole time.
(06-21-2016, 07:35 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 02:10 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote:

Well, there is Baiten Kaitos 100% that's nearly two weeks.  But that long of Mario is harder I think, becuase it's difficult platforming the whole time.

I love Shampoo!