Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thousand Year Door Remastered will happen if there's enough support
Big Grin 
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/ni...are-vocal/

Considering that not a whole lot of people are looking forward to Color Splash. One of the people who worked on Color Splash said that a remastered version of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door if there is enough support from the fans on the idea(as well of them being vocal about it). You know. I am a little surprised that they're considering remastering the thousand year door instead of the very first Paper Mario game. But other than that. I'm very opened to the idea of a remastered version of Thousand Year Door. Your thoughts?
I don't see what much else they can remaster on top of just making it a higher resolution.

I'm all for it if it happens, though !
I'm don't like it when game companies say "We'll do it if there's enough fan support".
That's basically a bit of a cop-out. If it doesn't succeed, you can blame it on the fans and not your own marketing team. It's also a big risk. After all, the internet can get very riled up about stuff but not actually do anything. Just because there may be 20,000,000 posts online of people that say it's a good idea doesn't guarantee 100,000 sales. The internet is all about big talk with little action.
On the flip side, there's probably enough fan support at any time to do stupid things. I mean, I'm sure I could get enough perverse fans to sign petitions to pressure Nintendo to adding erotic scenes into Mario games. Just because you can get the "fan support" doesn't mean it will be a good idea or make a good game. Again, the internet is strange like that.
Basically, with that wording, I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo will actually do it. I would buy it contingent on Nintendo adding more into the game besides a higher resolution, such as new side missions, optional bosses and etc.
(06-17-2016, 04:05 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I'm don't like it when game companies say "We'll do it if there's enough fan support".
That's basically a bit of a cop-out.  If it doesn't succeed, you can blame it on the fans and not your own marketing team.  It's also a big risk.  After all, the internet can get very riled up about stuff but not actually do anything.  Just because there may be 20,000,000 posts online of people that say it's a good idea doesn't guarantee 100,000 sales.  The internet is all about big talk with little action.
On the flip side, there's probably enough fan support at any time to do stupid things.  I mean, I'm sure I could get enough perverse fans to sign petitions to pressure Nintendo to adding erotic scenes into Mario games.  Just because you can get the "fan support" doesn't mean it will be a good idea or make a good game.  Again, the internet is strange like that.
Basically, with that wording, I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo will actually do it.  I would buy it contingent on Nintendo adding more into the game besides a higher resolution, such as new side missions, optional bosses and etc.

I'd agree if we weren't getting DQ 7 and 8 for the 3DS largely because of fan support.  DQ 7 by the way which was outselling Call of Duty on the Xbox one last time I checked. May not be true now, because I feel like a lot of people actually liked that gameplay, but it was true at one point which makes this statement a little moot. I would love if they remastered TTYD on the NX.