Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Summer Games Done Quick 2016/July 3rd - 10th
Summer Games Done Quick

It's that time again. Summer Games Done Quick. Incredibly hype moments inbound!

Twitch channel

Schedule

Donate

GDQ website
I waited for this event since the end of AGDQ. GDQs are one of my highlights every year.
Greetings from Germany!
They just sang Old Man River before the Super Mario 64. Pretty good.

Currently at 1,227,319 USD

We have passed the very satisfying threshold of 1,234,000 USD. Probably going to fall asleep before race is over. If not, will report.
Just going to throw out some amazing runs you may have missed and why you should catch up on them:

Barbie Game Girl: I helped route this game, and JohnCarls killed it. Was a funny, sarcastic watch through and through.

Defunct: Another game I used to run, it opens with going out of bounds within 20 seconds of starting. Gameplay is very fast and fluid, and devs commentated over a Skype call. Worth watching.

Final Fantasy Adventure: Opus is a friend of mine who kills a lot of old games. He's quite a funny guy, and he warps all over the place to save the world.

Trine 3: This is a broken game that I did glitch hunting for, and the three co-op runners had a blast. Very funny and fast paced run.

Bubble Ghost: WR in a GDQ after the game crashed on the first time playing it. Need I say more?

Momodora: Reverie Under Moonlight Rarely does a runner's name fit so well, but halfcoordinated truely is that. Due to hemiparesis, he can only use his left hand to play video games, but that didn't stop him from making his 3rd GDQ run and being awesome at it. Make sure to catch his closing speech, it really touches the heart. This man is the main reason I kept speedrunning when I got annoyed with my own hand problems (as I have no feeling in my right hand but retained the muscle control).
Really good event. Glad to see how much it raised.