Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
R.I.P Gene Wilder 1933-2016
Sad 
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene-w...201846745/

The actor who originally played the role as Willy Wonka, has passed away today due to complications from Alzheimer’s disease. Damn it. We can't seem to catch a break from the good people dying this year.
I always think of Blazing Saddles, but I was a huge fan of Gene Wilder either way. RIP. you will be sorely missed.
Aaaagh. I've always been attracted to older shows/movies so it's only a matter of time now before there won't be anyone left that I was a fan of.

Gene Wilder was always such a delight to watch. It really didn't seem to matter what role he was playing; he was always such a whimsical fellow.
You beat me to it. I enjoyed Blazing Saddles and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I'm also glad that my younger daughter likes Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory more that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
First Alan Young, then Jack Riley, and now Gene Wilder? My god, 2016 doesn't know when it call it quits in terms of celebrity deaths, doesn't it?
Man, I was just thinking of this guy recently, such a shame he passed away.

I really did enjoy him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Blazing Saddles.

Such a shame, but it's something we just have to get used to. All our childhood stars will all be gone soon enough.

We've got a bleak future ahead.