Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bloodstained has been delayed to 2018
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09...ed_to_2018

A little birdie just told me that the successor to Castlevania, Bloodstained, has been delayed to 2018. There is a new kickstarter update video on it explaining why the game is being pushed back. I just hope this push back does the video game good, but if it doesn't, it will be mighty no 9 all over again.
When I see that something is being delayed, it saddens me a bit, but that only means the devs care enough to say "we can do this better".
As long as they don't overdo it like MN9, I'm cool with it.
The only people who truly have a problem with Mighty No. 9 are backers who are just bitter and would-be fans of Mega Man who claim stupid shit like how the game doesn't feel like Mega Man because they were expecting an X series game and don't have their charge shot. Seriously, people complain the game is too hard, like hello, have you ever played Mega Man classic, it was Dark Souls of it's time in a lot of ways where difficulty is concerned. Another complaint is how few weapons are useful in combat outside of boss fights, yet people will claim endlessly that Mega Man 2 is the best game in the series, which only has one weapon worth using, and surprise, surprise, makes the game easier than the rest of Mega Man Classic. Mighty No, 9 is a Mega Man like game, almost to a tee. However, because people got mad about delays, and the attitude of "It's good enough" they decided to treat the game like shit, instead of talking about it as it actually is. It's not perfect, but Mega Man never was, and it's come as close as you can to doing it right. This is coming from someone who was incredibly mad about the delays, but in the end I think it was worth it.

To the topic of Bloodstained being delayed to 2018, I say that's fine. I think it worked for Mighty No. 9, I don't see why it won't work here. Perhaps it'll give them time to hype up the game more, or have a collectors edition that's worth getting or something. Either way and regardless of why, I have no issues with this at all. I couldn't help thinking while I was watching demo's of the game, that it was missing some depth that would make it play better, and feel more like a Spiritual successor. If it takes more time to get that right, I say more power to them.
(09-10-2016, 01:07 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: The only people who truly have a problem with Mighty No. 9 are backers who are just bitter and would-be fans of Mega Man who claim stupid shit like how the game doesn't feel like Mega Man because they were expecting an X series game and don't have their charge shot. Seriously, people complain the game is too hard, like hello, have you ever played Mega Man classic, it was Dark Souls of it's time in a lot of ways where difficulty is concerned. Another complaint is how few weapons are useful in combat outside of boss fights, yet people will claim endlessly that Mega Man 2 is the best game in the series, which only has one weapon worth using, and surprise, surprise, makes the game easier than the rest of Mega Man Classic. Mighty No, 9 is a Mega Man like game, almost to a tee. However, because people got mad about delays, and the attitude of "It's good enough" they decided to treat the game like shit, instead of talking about it as it actually is. It's not perfect, but Mega Man never was, and it's come as close as you can to doing it right. This is coming from someone who was incredibly mad about the delays, but in the end I think it was worth it.

To the topic of Bloodstained being delayed to 2018, I say that's fine. I think it worked for Mighty No. 9, I don't see why it won't work here. Perhaps it'll give them time to hype up the game more, or have a collectors edition that's worth getting or something. Either way and regardless of why, I have no issues with this at all. I couldn't help thinking while I was watching demo's of the game, that it was missing some depth that would make it play better, and feel more like a Spiritual successor. If it takes more time to get that right, I say more power to them.

The funny thing is that Mighty Gunvolt did Megaman right before Mighty No.9 and also featured Beck, which is just mind boggling. 

Honestly, there is this unwarranted stigma(don't care if your a backer) toward indie games delay and the fan commotion is such a headache to keep up with. Especially when the idea of Bloodstained is just basically a clone sequel(or "spiritual successor") of Castlevania