Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does anyone here knows...
how to take a screencap on your PC? ("screencap" is short for "screen capture", i mean, just in case).
Does yours have the snipping tool? That's what I use.
(09-30-2016, 08:10 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Does yours have the snipping tool? That's what I use.

Now that you mention it, no. I don't have one.
Comes standard on Windows PC, if you have one.

I'll write up a little how-to tomorrow, though I'm sure Google has much better tutorials than anything I can concoct.
Press print screen (prt sc) button on keyboard. Go to paint or equivalent. Paste.
Just so we are all on the same page, PC and not Mac or Linux right?
Also, what OS are you running? I know 7 and up have the snipping tool (just hit start and type "snipping tool" and it should pop up).
Otherwise, Psycospacecow has the old school way of hitting "PrtScn" on the keyboard and open Paint. Select Paste or hit Shift+Insert to have the screenshot on the Paint.
(09-30-2016, 11:11 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Press print screen (prt sc) button on keyboard. Go to paint or equivalent. Paste.

My keyboard doesn't have that.

(10-01-2016, 12:28 AM)Colossus Wrote: Just so we are all on the same page, PC and not Mac or Linux right?

Yeah, I'm using a PC.

(10-01-2016, 12:28 AM)Colossus Wrote: Also, what OS are you running? I know 7 and up have the snipping tool (just hit start and type "snipping tool" and it should pop up).

I have Windowns Vista, and tried searching up "snipping tool" but nothing appeared.
No print screen on your keyboard? Is it a condensed board?
If it can help - http://www.pcworld.com/article/137099/article.html
(10-01-2016, 12:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: No print screen on your keyboard? Is it a condensed board?

That seems to be the case.
Laptop then? A lot of laptops have buttons that serve multiple purposes that can be toggled via a toggle of some sort.
Can you send us a picture of your keyboard, or at least the model name ?
(10-01-2016, 01:06 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: If it can help - http://www.pcworld.com/article/137099/article.html

That was really helpful, thanks!