Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
retr0pia75's Artwork Thread
I've been seeing a lot of people posting their artwork in here, and I figured it was time for me to get in on the action. I've very recently started using GIMP since I thought it was finally time to move on from MS Paint, and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. To introduce you folks to my artwork, I've brought you pictures of the three main protagonists of my pet project SketchQuest: Nedford, Thistle, and Ira. Be sure to let me know what I can improve on.
[Image: wI7rk6m.png]
[Image: ToNyvvx.png]
[Image: nfWV8jU.png]
Very nice. The pupils need a little more curve, this being black and white, to help them pop out imo; it's more with the top character since there is little difference in thickness of the lines.

I hafta give props, though, 'cause I cannot make anything other than a stick figure on a computer.
Tried making the pupils curvier like Kakario suggested. Also attempted to make the lines contrast with eachother. Hopefully it should be noticeable depending on how the image is exported.
[Image: 6caXyMr.png]
Not bad. I like these.
I've been practicing drawing my characters together. I've used a Draw the Squad pic as a reference for this one.
 [Image: KQ7hJMK.png]
The reference pic in question:
[Image: eo8Ppwp.png]
It's been a while, but I've finally got some new artwork! Here, we have the antagonist of SketchQuest, King Tuskerton, Nedford's sleazy and unsupportive father, Quince, and finally, Nedford talking to his prized sock puppet and stress reliever, Catsy.
[Image: 9COLP4C.png]
[Image: bgM9TUJ.png]
[Image: ZFMnHSg.png]
The king looks very unamused.
I've only got one piece of artwork to show this time, unfortunately. Here, we have Ira jumping for joy. I tried to do something a bit different with the hands this time around, but it didn't really turn out the way I was expecting.
 [Image: Lx6MRRF.png]
Back again with more artwork. Here, we have two local residents of Sticktown, the beginning area of SketchQuest, Tinfoil Tim the conspiracy nut, and Poe the goth. 
[Image: 7fRUcJg.png]
[Image: yh249Nh.png]
More artwork, though it's just one pic again. Here, we have Poe and Tim again, along with three more residents of Sticktown. Also trying out another outline style. 
[Image: ZkGTUpX.png]
Back again with some more art. From top to bottom, I've got the two protagonists (Slug and Weevil in the first two pictures) and antagonist (Abhorrentus in the third picture) from a cartoon short that I'm planning on making.
 [Image: FzDiPGN.png]
[Image: 8rnGHti.png]
[Image: yh8rs5g.png]
Likin it so far
More of Nedford and pals.
[Image: C4Apfl3UEAIGjrk.jpg]
Yaz, a character I created back in mid-late 2015.
[Image: yaz1.png?w=393&h=499]
Back again with more art. This time we have Slug Supreme (who I've given a redeisgn) and a rattlesnake.
[Image: C4RkikPXAAAXkFf.jpg]
[Image: C4RoQkyWEAMi0AG.jpg]