Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Barrel-Cat Gaming Podcast
Music 
After 6 years of wanting to do a podcast, it has finally came to! 
As the title of the thread states, it is called Barrel-Cat Gaming Podcast and we record every Friday evening (Central Time/Eastern Time).
Host: Colossus
Co-hosts: CosmykTheDolfyn and SERIOUSLY THOUGH
Why this came to be? Like I said before, I wanted to do this for years and finally got around to it. I was doing YouTube videos of games and beer, but scheduling that between work and the weekends was not working (and on top of that, editing takes forever). With audio, it's pretty quick once you get the hang of it.
Once a few episodes are done, I will be editing the audio parts and uploading smaller sections onto YouTube
(This spot is for the link once videos are being uploaded)
Right now, every episode will be uploaded to SoundCloud!
https://soundcloud.com/barrelcatgaming

We accept questions and comments. If you want a question to be read and answered on the show, you can send them to either the email account or twitter!
[email protected]
www.twitter.com/barrelcatgaming

Join the Discord server to listen live when we record AND join in the text chat!
https://discord.gg/YwK3EKU

(Side note: the podcast does show up in the gpodder podcast search engine)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been wanting to do this for years, but never found a good group of people to join me.
I want to do a gaming podcast (audio) on games, what we been playing, news and so on. Nothing really big, but more for something to do for fun every week. I spent a lot of time having this set up in the past and it shouldn't take too long to get back up and running, however I am missing one key element: other people.

So I was thinking, why not try asking people on this awesome forum if they are interested? 

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can figure out timing, details and all that fun stuff.
Open to all regions (although timing would be key), and I will be typing up a small application I will send out to anyone who is interested basically filling out available time and dates also what you are interested in. 

Open to questions, comments, and concerns!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
For anyone who want's to be apart of this, please PM answers to the following questions.

-Available times and time zone?
-Game Systems you play?
-Other interests?
-Media experience? (Radio, YouTube, editing.. not too concerned about video)
-Microphone you have available?

Remember, I do have to choose 2 or 3 people who would make a great cast.
Everyone is welcomed to join as a guest.
After the main cast is picked, we will pick a regular recording day that works out and a name!
This sounds like a great idea.
If people can't do take part in a recording session with you, would you be open to recorded segments you could insert into your podcast ? Like a regular five or ten minute segment from someone ?
I'd be happy to chip in also.
Cosmyk should definitely get involved; he was born to entertain/broadcast.
(11-14-2016, 01:43 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: This sounds like a great idea.
If people can't do take part in a recording session with you, would you be open to recorded segments you could insert into your podcast ? Like a regular five or ten minute segment from someone ?
It might be possible. I know people have things going on and all but I'm thinking it would be a discussion podcast where people are all together. I could insert a few statements here and there if needed by other people. I would like a 3-4 main cast (including myself) and we can have guests on as well.
If I have time tonight I can update the officenote document since that works really well for multiple people who have Internet access
We talking just a generalized podcast or would you have certain topics in mind?
(11-14-2016, 01:45 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Cosmyk should definitely get involved; he was born to entertain/broadcast.
[Image: happy-oh-stop-it-you.jpg]
(11-14-2016, 01:53 PM)Colossus Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 01:43 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: This sounds like a great idea.
It might be possible. I know people have things going on and all but I'm thinking it would be a discussion podcast where people are all together. I could insert a few statements here and there if needed by other people. I would like a 3-4 main cast (including myself) and we can have guests on as well.
If I have time tonight I can update the officenote document since that works really well for multiple people who have Internet access

Ok, my rationale was to take into account those with an irregular work schedule and a number of commitments on weekends.

(11-14-2016, 01:54 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: We talking just a generalized podcast or would you have certain topics in mind?

Mostly gay men gaming (thanks iPad) I would assume ?
(11-14-2016, 01:54 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: We talking just a generalized podcast or would you have certain topics in mind?
It would be a few topics that I have thought of so far.
Gaming news, what we have been playing, general discussion, maybe a small fun gaming trivia game.

And full warning, i may delay on responds for the next few hours due to work.
>TFW no microfone
(11-14-2016, 02:19 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: >TFW no microfone
Haha microphones are required
(11-14-2016, 02:19 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: >TFW no microfone

Text to speech ! 
What could possible go wrong ?

(11-14-2016, 05:46 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 02:19 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: >TFW no microfone

Text to speech ! 
What could possible go wrong ?

TFW you have to Google TFW for the meaning. 

In other news, I want Stephen Hawking's robot voice for my text-to-speech.
One real question popped in my head. What service is going to be used for recording? Skype, with video calling, or the waaaaaaaay better discord to record if it's only audio?
(11-14-2016, 07:27 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: One real question popped in my head.  What service is going to be used for recording?  Skype, with video calling, or the waaaaaaaay better discord to record if it's only audio?

MSN Messenger, mate. That way my username can go back to being Linkin Park lyrics.

Dibs on .-*-.Crawling.-*-.In.-*-.My.-*-.Skin.-*-.