Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AGDQ 2017
[Image: 250px-Games_Done_Quick_logo.PNG]

It's that time again. AGDQ 2017:

Schedule stream: 
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Live stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

[Image: uA4rOPJ.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n6x6lqXjN61r09qkf.gif]
[Image: bmU2Jhk.gif]
Kirran from TFS is doing an undertale run.
I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel. I can rarely watch the games I want to see live, so I'll be hyped to see them get uploaded!
That Cosmyk donation, doe
(01-09-2017, 07:33 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: That Cosmyk donation, doe

This morning was really cool for me.  The Hyper Princess Pitch runner is a good friend of mine (he was also the one that caught my shirt when I threw it into the crowd during my SGDQ 15 run http://i.imgur.com/uOk4MIb.mp4), and another one of my buddies that helped set up Buckeye Speed Bash last year was on the couch for that run.

I've also been watching ForOhForError work on and improve Hydra Castle Labyrinth for a while now, was really awesome to see him get the chance to show it off right after!
Always wanted to ask. I see so many donations that say "Kill/save the animals" and I've never found out what that means.
(01-09-2017, 08:06 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:

This morning was really cool for me.  The Hyper Princess Pitch runner is a good friend of mine (he was also the one that caught my shirt when I threw it into the crowd during my SGDQ 15 run http://i.imgur.com/uOk4MIb.mp4), and another one of my buddies that helped set up Buckeye Speed Bash last year was on the couch for that run.

I've also been watching ForOhForError work on and improve Hydra Castle Labyrinth for a while now, was really awesome to see him get the chance to show it off right after!

Just a friendly reminder not to post arousing links on the forums. There are children on here who will spend their lives disappointed after seeing the apex of sensuality.
(01-09-2017, 11:20 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Always wanted to ask. I see so many donations that say "Kill/save the animals" and I've never found out what that means.

Its one of the Metroid games that comes near the end of the run. One of the skippable ending segments "saves the animals". By saving time instead of the animals, they blow up with everything.
(01-09-2017, 01:08 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 08:06 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:

Just a friendly reminder not to post arousing links on the forums. There are children on here who will spend their lives disappointed after seeing the apex of sensuality.

I think he's just a big teaser. I was supposed to see skin.

A shame this happened. Better than the one year where a gal got drunk and a bunch of the streamers took advantage of her, though.
(01-11-2017, 08:09 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:

A shame this happened. Better than the one year where a gal got drunk and a bunch of the streamers took advantage of her, though.
So...  there's more to this story than that.
PvcTb had been placed on a zero tolerance policy and been told that if he did anything out of line he would get banned.  The reason he was on zero tolerance was due to, and this is true, tweeting out that he was going to kill everyone at AGDQ with a machine gun.  A lot of people were already angry that he wasn't banned from the event for that said tweet.  He had been told he was on a zero tolerance policy, he had also been messing with other people's equipment.  GDQ staff did lift the ban on the whole hat thing, but he is still banned for:
A) Saying he would kill everyone on site, and he made that statement before the whole hat thing and
B) Going through and touching Tech people equipment that only tech people were allowed to be around.

Yea, the hat thing was stupid.  But we're also talking about someone, who at past GDQs, has been suspect of sending some ominous messages to runners of other race, talked about killing other attendees and etc.  I'm surprised it took the whole "hat" thing for them to actually say he was banned from attending.

Edit: To anyone says that he was banned for solely wearing the hat on stream has to remember that the other people that actually did wear the hats were not banned, only giving warnings due to not being on a zero tolerance policy. When they realized they were wrong and he did not wear the hat, THE BAN WAS LIFTED. He then was banned again for grabbing equipment that was not his. If anyone sits there and thinks "Why would wearing a hat matter any?", GDQ LLC is not allowed to show any political leanings is that it could lose it's standing as a charity organization. This is why the rules of GDQ state that you are not allowed to bring political views onto stream, and a hat supporting a presidential candidate ca be interpreted as showing your political view. They can wear anything they want off stream.
^
I like PvtCB but come on, you know what you're doing when you wear a MAGA hat. Don't even try to deny what your intentions were (even though PvtCB wasn't actually wearing the hat).

(01-11-2017, 08:09 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: A shame this happened. Better than the one year where a gal got drunk and a bunch of the streamers took advantage of her, though.

It wasn't a bunch. It was only two people that got drunk, Stivitybobo and Tolki yet everyone else confirmed both were in the wrong regardless of being drunk and that no female/male taken advantage of. Stivitybobo has a lot of BS around him anyway.

JAMES CHEN ON THE MIC!
I really liked this fellow named Bonesaw577 who did a really great play through of Jack and Daxter. I guess he's banned until 2018! I didn't think his jokes were so out of the line for that to happen, although I would have agreed with a warning over the whole "Air Canada" stuff.

Also didn't see Cosmo! He's really amazing and I've loved seeing how he's able to break Ocarina of Time. Seems like a super nice and laid back person as well.

I looked up earlier AGDQ videos. While it's terrific how much they've grown and all the cash they rake in, I preferred the laid back atmosphere the earlier ones had, like it was just a huge group of friends getting together to have fun gaming and raise money for good causes.
(01-23-2017, 09:49 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I really liked this fellow named Bonesaw577 who did a really great play through of Jack and Daxter. I guess he's banned until 2018! I didn't think his jokes were so out of the line for that to happen, although I would have agreed with a warning over the whole "Air Canada" stuff.

Also didn't see Cosmo! He's really amazing and I've loved seeing how he's able to break Ocarina of Time. Seems like a super nice and laid back person as well.

I looked up earlier AGDQ videos. While it's terrific how much they've grown and all the cash they rake in, I preferred the laid back atmosphere the earlier ones had, like it was just a huge group of friends getting together to have fun gaming and raise money for good causes.
As someone who was around some of the older events, the attitudes/atmospheres have changed.  It's just so big now it's impossible to get to hang out with everyone and people break into their little groups.

On the other hand, there are still some amazing smaller marathons that are much more like the early days of GDQs, such as DeuceCon and RPG Limit Break that are still fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...BRAZooeQ3n
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZzOkSy...njNl4VHQmH

And.... Cosmo no longer speedruns due to wrist injuries.  Also, no longer is named Cosmo, came out as transgender and goes by Narcissa now.  I personally also don't agree with the Bonesaw thing, guy is super funny, but at least it was only a game submission ban, he can still attend and couch if he desires.
(01-23-2017, 09:49 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Also didn't see Cosmo! He's really amazing and I've loved seeing how he's able to break Ocarina of Time. Seems like a super nice and laid back person as well.

Uh...have you seen or heard anything about Cosmo recently?

After he lost the Nintendo World Championships he became transgender and quit speedrunning apparently.