Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
E3 2017
It may seem a bit early to make this thread, but given what was announced this morning, and how it's going to be updated until E3, I think it's fitting to begin the hype now: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/geoff-keighle...iseum-2017

Also here are the times for all known press conferences as of this point and time: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/sony-e3-2017-...et-june-12

The E3 coliseum is basically another set of conferences open to the public, and while it's not known if we'll get any info that won't be at other conferences, the fact is, people can come to these without being a part of the press or an investor. Also, they will be live streamed so if anything new is shown, you won't have to miss it if you don't go. Of course that means these will need a schedule with all that's in play for the Coliseum, that's likely being taken care of. 

So thoughts anyone? Let's get the E3 hype going!
We're going to get some footage of the Mario and Rabbids crossover on the Nintendo switch.
Well, here's my hopes, dream and horrors of E3 this year.

Microsoft is always a wild card, but even I don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore. Honestly, watching them is always "I expect nothing and I'm still let down". Honestly, showing ANYTHING good would put them above a F on my report.

Nintendo are once again not having a conference which is annoying because Nintendo Directs always feel so different. E3 is a big show for companies, and Directs always seem crappy. "Here's one big game that we'll show for 10 minutes, now onto Nintendo of America who will then another big game for 10 minutes, then off to Nintendo of Europe to show 4 small games for 10 minutes and that's it....HOPE YOU ENJOYED" I mean sure, Directs are nice surprises ever few months or so a year, but don't do that instead of a conference. Overall Nintendo will show ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and maybe something new for the Switch and some 3DS games and call it a day. I really hope they don't do that though.

Sony will win E3 by fucking default again. Everyone else just doesn't try and they're hardly comparable. I don't even have to guess what they'll show, although I do hope we see some Shenmue 3 since it's coming this December. But yeah, they'll show some games and it'll be a flashy 2 hours. Hoping for the best from them.

Uhhh, who is left? Bethesda? I guess Oblivion 2 on Switch and maybe Morrowind 4?

Ubisoft? idk what girlwood is going to show this time around, but it's never good. I guess Ass creed 10? What are we up to now, and some other meh tier games no one really cares about.

EA will always be terrible. EA are ALWAYS terrible. I don't even have to guess, it'll just be sports and stuff I don't care for.

I think that's it.
E3 HYPE TRAIN!!!
I'll wait for the post E3 when they have all the videos released and I can see if there's any good gameplay in any of their games. If not I'll just heckle them for making another "Uninspired game".
Microsoft is the one company that I wonder about. I like Nintendo Directs, always have, I think they are great and do a good job of letting people know what's coming. Sony, is always great at announcing, updating and surprising fans with what they have. Microsoft on the other hand, still has a system I have not played this year, even though I've bought two games for it, because those games are still a low priority for me over my Sony exclusives. Xbox is in need of having the best year it's ever had for me to care. I bought my Xbox last year and played enough games on it to make it a worthwhile purchase, but this year, it's either collecting dust or I'm storing PlayStation collectible items on top of it. I want a reason to like my Xbox, but I haven't been given one this year, and that needs to change.
It has been a long time since an E3 event has gotten me excited. The last time mainly because of the XBone memes and what a clusterf*ck it was turning into at the time.

Maybe this one will be gud but I'm just going to end up lowering my expectations because the presentation hosts are just mediocre at hyping up their own games. Though the audience reaction will make up for it.

Also, isn't E3 2K17 the first event to allow the general public to enter? I heard something about that but not sure...
(05-05-2017, 11:59 AM)Berry Wrote: It has been a long time since an E3 event has gotten me excited. The last time mainly because of the XBone memes and what a clusterf*ck it was turning into at the time.

Maybe this one will be gud but I'm just going to end up lowering my expectations because the presentation hosts are just mediocre at hyping up their own games. Though the audience reaction will make up for it.

Also, isn't E3 2K17 the first event to allow the general public to enter? I heard something about that but not sure...

Technically that's not true because they are going on at the same time. It's not like the tickets for that allow you into the presentations or anything. Also, that event is likely going to be a total mess with reports talking about how bad it was for fans because they couldn't reserve spots to go and play games like investors and reporters do.
Nintendo's E3 plans are here: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/nintendo-anno...2017-plans

This is about what I expected, not bad though.
No Halo at E3 this year: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/12/h...at-e3-2017

Microsoft already taking hits a month before the event is not a good thing, at all. My expectations for their entire presentation just dropped.
I just want the Switch to finally show something good/worth while.
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/ubisoft-e3-20...et-june-12

The time of Ubisoft's conference confirmation also ties into the fact that they teased the new AC and Farcry 5, without really giving any information about either.

Edit: The Crew 2 was also announced, but given what happened with the first one, we'll see how big that turns out to be. Seems like it's gonna be sequels all around for Ubisoft though, as they also will probably will also have to mention something about South Park: The Fractured, But Whole. Don't know they'll fit much else in there considering they've given no details about most of these projects in a long a time, if at all.
(05-16-2017, 12:00 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I just want the Switch to finally show something good/worth while.

Same.
Shenmue III will not be at E3: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/shenmue-iii-s...ol-3-video

At this rate, Nintendo might actually be the best show this year. Guess we'll see.
XSEED Games Announce Their E3 2017 Lineup