Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thaumistry: In Charm's Way
This is a thread for all Easter Eggs which are found in the text adventure Thaumistry: In Charm's Way for Linux, Mac and PC.

Museum Entrance - Vitas Varnas
At the Museum Entrance, the inventor Vitas Varnas is a reference to the Australian actor, Did You Know Gaming? writer and Game Grumps contributor of the same name Vitas Varnas.

Confirmed by Vitas on his official Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/VitasVarnas/pho...019946367/

Museum Entrance - Chicago
When you ask Vitas Varnas about himself, he'll say "Sometimes I feel like that guy in the movie Chicago. Mr. Cellophane. People look right through me, as if I'm not even there."

The quote is a reference to the song "Mr. Cellophane" from the 2002 musical film Chicago, which lyrics are "'Cause you can look right through me, Walk right by me and never know I'm there."

Here's the song from the movie for reference.

Museum Entrance - Game Grumps
Whilst at the Museum Entrance, if you type in "Game Grumps", a secret text will pop up which says:

"Far behind the inventor you see a poster for Game Grumps, the popular internet series hosted by Arin Hanson and Dan Avidan. The poster is bright orange with text in BD Cartoon Shout font, and it features caricatures of the show's hosts sporting grump expressions.

[Note: This Easter Egg is brought to you by Vitas Varnas without the knowledge or participation of the Game Grumps, members of their families, deceased relatives, or people they hang out with in pubs.]"

This is a reference to video game let's play web series Game Grumps and it's logo which uses the font as stated in the text and caricatures of its hosts Arin Hanson and Dan Avidan. As stated by the disclaimer in the text, the Easter Egg was included in the game by actor Vitas Varnas, who has often cited to be a fan of the show as well as contributed games to the series, and who the inventor in the game of the same name was also based off.

Zuccotti Park - Blazing Saddles
At Zuccotti Park in the Financial District, if you cast the spell AIRFULLA on the protesters the text will read "There ensues such an onslaught of belching and farting that it makes the bean scene in Blazing Saddles look like high tea at Buckingham Palace.

This is a reference to the fart scene from the 1974 film Blazing Saddles.