Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Octo Expansion Stage names
The English names of the stages in Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion are references to songs, films and trends from the 80's and 90's.

A00 Central Station
A01 Gnarly Rails Station - "Gnarly" is an 80s-90s slang word meaning "Cool". The tagline sounds like "Right on!", another slang term from the same period.
A02 Far-Out Station - "Far-Out" is a 60s-90s slang term meaning "Cool". The tagline "Blast from the past!" alludes both to the Rainmaker's blast as well as to the fact that Port Mackerel is a returning stage from Splatoon.
A03 Wassup 8-Ball Station - "Wassup" is a slang word meaning "What's up?", that was popularized by a December 1999 advertising campaign for Bud Light beer. The tagline "Signs point to yes..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
A04 Roll Out Station - The title is a reference to the song "Rollout" by Ludacris.
A05 Fake Plastic Station - The title, along with the level itself, is a reference to "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead.
The tagline "looks like the real thing..." could possibly be a reference for one of a Famous Painter's Quotes, Salvador Dalí's quotes: "The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant."
A06 Bounce with Me Station - The title is a reference to the lyrics of "Can I Get A..." by Jay-Z. The tagline is a reference to the film Air Bud.
A07 Maverick Station - The title is references to the film Top Gun. The tagline is a reference to the song "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.
A08 Bumpin' 8-Ball Station - The tagline "Better not tell you now..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball

B01 Wassup 8-Ball Station - see A03.
B02 Poppin' Fresh Station - "Popping" and "Fresh" are both 80s-90s slang words meaning "Cool".
B03 Spin Docto Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the song "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors.
B04 Rad Ride Station - The tagline is a reference to the song "Just Cruisin'" by Will Smith.
B05 Wack 8-Ball Station - "Wack" is an 80s slang word meaning "Insane". The tagline "It is decidedly so..."is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
B06 Notorious Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the lyrics of his song "Juicy" by The Notorious B.I.G.
B07 Fly 8-Ball Station - "Fly" is an 80s-90s slang word meaning "Cool". The tagline "You may rely on it..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
B08 Righteous Rails Station - "Gnarly" and "Righteous are both 80s-90s slang words meaning "Cool".
B09 Grab & Go Station - 
B10 Ink 'n' Slide Station - The title is a play on the phrase "Slip 'n' Slide". The tagline is a play on the phrase "For realz".
B11 Tubular 8-Ball Station - "Tubular" is an 80s slang word meaning "Cool". The tagline "Outlook not so good..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
B12 Brute Rollup Station - The title is a reference to Fruit Roll-Ups.
B13 Phat Splatz Station - The title is a reference to Hip-Hop Producer DJ Phat Beatz. The tagline is a reference to the song "Bring da Ruckus" by the Wu-Tang Clan.
B14 Breakdance Station - The title is a reference to the 1984 film Breakin', also known as Breakdance: The Movie. The tagline is a reference to the song "Step It Up" by Stereo MC.
B15 Ink from Above Station - The title is a play on the phrase "Death from above". The tagline is a reference to the children's game "Heads Up, Seven Up"
B16 Pop Rock Station - The title is a reference to the Pop Rocks candy. The subtitle is a reference to the English version of the Nena song "99 Luftballons", known as "99 Red Balloons".

C01 Radical Rails Station - "Radical" is an 80s slang word meaning "Cool".
C02 Shrinky Ink Station - The title and tagline are references to the Shrinky Dinks toy line.
C03 Bumpin' 8-Ball Station - see A08.
C04 Move It Move It Station - The title and tagline are references to the 1995 song "I Like to Move It" by the Outhere Brothers.
C05 Stamped-Up Station - The tagline is a reference to the line "Stop-collaborate and listen" from the song "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice.
C06 Bust 'n' Move Station - The title and tagline are references to the 1989 dance/rap song "Bust a Move" by Young MC
C07 Totally 8-Ball Station - The tagline "Reply hazy, try again..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
C08 Right Round Station - The title and tagline are references to the 1984 song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive.
C09 Bodacious 8-Ball Station - The title refers to a bucking bull who was known throughout the rodeo sport of bull riding as "the world's most dangerous bull." The tagline "As I see it, yes..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
C10 McFly Station - The title is a reference to the character Marty McFly from the 1985 film Back to the Future. The tagline "Do It With Some Style" is a phrase said by the character 'Doc' Emmett Brown from the same film.
C11 Abracadabra Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the phrase "now you see me/it, now you don't" which dates back at least as far as the 1960s.
C12 Matchmaker Station - The tagline is a reference to the joke "Updog."
C13 Smash & Dash Station - 
C14 Stick 'n' Move Station - The title is a reference to a line in the 1979 film Rocky II, where the character Tony Evers tells Apollo Creed to "Stick and move." The tagline is a reference to Muhammad Ali's famous line about his boxing style, that he would "...float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!"

D01 Ink from Above Station - see B15.
D02 One-Shot Station - The title and tagline are references to the lyrics "You only get one shot / Do not miss your chance to blow" in the song "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.
D03 Slap Bracelet Station - The title is a reference to slap bracelets, springy bracelets popular in the late 80s and early 90s, that roll up similar to Inkfurlers, which are the main mechanic of the mission.
D04 Mad Props Station - The title is a play on the 90s slang phrase "to give [mad] props", meaning "to give credit/recognition"; with the fact that "props" could also be short for "propellers". The tagline is a phrase from the TV game show Wheel of Fortune.
D05 All That 8-Ball Station - The title is a reference to the 1979 film All That Jazz. The tagline "My sources say no..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
D06 Radical Rails Station - see C01.
D07 Targetbuster Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the 1984 film Ghostbusters and its theme song.
D08 Girl Power Station - The title is a reference to the catchphrase of the Spice Girls. The tagline is a reference to the lyric "Zig-a-zig-ah" from the band's song, "Wannabe".
D09 Goose Station - The title is a reference to the 1986 film Top Gun. The tagline is a reference to the song "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.
D10 Labyrinth Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the lyric "Dance, magic dance!" from the song "Magic Dance" by David Bowie from the 1986 film Labyrinth.
D11 Ink & Watch Station - The title is a reference to Nintendo's Game & Watch. The tagline is a reference to the 1999 song "Watch Out Now" by The Beatnuts.

E01 No Whammy Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the 80s game show Press Your Luck, where a cartoon character called "Whammy" would appear on the game's losing spaces.
E02 Bust & Run Station - 
E03 Don't Ralph Station - The title is a reference to the 90s slang term "to ralph", meaning "to vomit". The tagline is a reference to the song "Gettin' Jiggy wit It" by Will Smith.
E04 Heinous 8-Ball Station - "Heinous" is an 80s-90s slang word meaning "Bad". The tagline "Cannot predict now..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
E05 Hypercolor Station - The tagline is a reference to either the phrase "wax on, wax off" from the 1984 film Karate Kid.
E06 Swass 8-Ball Station - The title is a reference to the Sir Mix-a-Lot album Swass (which is slang meaning a "sweaty ass"), more commonly known for his song, "Baby Got Back" aka "I Like Big Butts". The tagline "Don't count on it..." is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
E07 Iceman Station - The title is a reference to the 1986 film Top Gun. The tagline is a reference to the song "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.
E08 Da Bomb Station - "Da bomb" and "Bomb diggity" are two 90s slang phrases meaning "cool".
E09 Squee-G Funk Station - The title and tagline are references to rapper Warren G: "G-Funk" is the name of a record label founded by him and the tagline is a reference to the lyric "Regulators, mount up!" from his song "Regulate".
E10 Cratebuster Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the 1984 film Ghostbusters and its theme song.
E11 Bodacious Rotation Station - "Bodacious" and "Psyched out" are both 90s slang terms meaning "great" and "scared", respectively.
E12 Drop the Bass Station - The tagline is a reference to the 90s game show Shop 'til You Drop.

F01 Drop the Bass Station - see E12.
F02 Slow Ride Station - The title and tagline are references to the song "Slow Ride" by Foghat.
F03 Pop Star Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the song "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson, who was known as "The King of Pop."
F04 Stamped-Up Station - see C05.
F05 Popalicious Station - The tagline is a reference to the Pringles slogan "Once you pop, the fun don't stop".
F06 Duh-Oh Station - The tagline is a reference to the song "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by Baha Men.
F07 Matchmaker Station - see C12.
F08 Jump Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the song "Jump" by Van Halen.
F09 Bring It Station - The title and tagline are a reference to professional wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and his catchphrase "Bring It!"
F10 Cubular Station - The title is a play on the 80s slang word "Tubular" and the fact that the mission takes place inside a large rotating cube. The tagline is a reference to the song "What the Dealio" by Missy Elliot.
F11 Whack-Fu Station - The title is a reference to the 1990s video game, Shaq Fu. The tagline is also a reference to the phrase "Shaq attack!".

G01 Toastmaster Station - "Toastmaster" is a reference to the public-speaking group called the Toastmasters. The tagline is a reference to the song "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited
G02 Hasta La Vista Station - The title, tagline and mission text are all references to the "Terminator" franchise: The title is a phrase from the original 1984 film, the tagline is a reference to the line "I know now why you cry" from the 1991 sequel, the use of the word "terminate" for the mission description is unique to this mission (normally it is "defeat").
G03 House Party Station - The title is a reference to the 1990 film House Party.
G04 Ink 'n' Slide Station - see B10.
G05 Bustalicious Station - The tagline is one of the catchphrases of character Steve Urkel from the 90s sitcom Family Matters.
G06 Gnarly Rails Station - see A01.
G07 Ride with Me Station - The title is a reference to the song "Ride wit Me" by Nelly. The tagline is a reference to the game Shotgun used to determine who rides in the front passenger seat in cars, used because the mission focuses on riding floating cars.
G08 Freakazoid Station - The title is a reference to the 90s animated series Freakazoid!
G09 Wack 8-Ball Station - see B05.
G10 Iceman Station - see E07.

H01 Slap Bracelet Station - see D03.
H02 Ballercise Station - The title and tagline are references to Jazzercise's aerobic training videos such as Feel the Burn.
H03 Sweet Ride Station - The title is a reference to the 1968 film The Sweet Ride.
H04 Shooter McStation - The title and tagline are a reference to the character Shooter McGavin from the 1996 film Happy Gilmore and his line "All you gotta do is just tap it in... Just tap it in."
H05 Ink It Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the song "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa.
H06 Break & Bounce Station - 
H07 Cool Your Jets Station - The title and tagline are slang terms used in the 90s.

I01 Toastmaster Station - see G01.
I02 Dinky Ink Station - The title and tagline are references to the Shrinky Dinks toy line.
I03 No Whammy Station - see E01.
I04 Can't Touch This Station - The title and tagline are both lyrics from the song "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.
I05 Righteous Rails Station - see B08.
I06 All Eyez Station - The title and tagline are a reference to Tupac Shakur's song "Can't C Me", which appeared in his album All Eyez on Me.
I07 Ride with Me Station - see G07.
I08 Radio Station - "Ten-four" is the American law enforcement brevity code for "Roger" / "Acknowledged". "Good buddy" is trucker radio jargon for a fellow trucker.
I09 Poppin' Fresh Station - see B02.

J01 Cool Your Jets Station - see H07.
J02 Matchmaster Station - The tagline might be a reference to a line in the song "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.
J03 Girl Power Station - see D08.
J04 Footloose Station - The title is a reference to the 1984 film Footloose. The tagline is a reference to the lyrics "Watch your step, you might fall/tryin' to do what I did" from the 1997 song "Gettin' Jiggy wit It" by Will Smith.
J05 Stick 'n' Move Station - see C14.
J06 Ink & Watch Station - see D11.
J07 Outrageous Station - The title and tagline are a reference to the theme song "Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous" for Jem and the Holograms.
J08 Whack-Fu Station - see F11.