Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
One of my Pending Submissions Disappeared after I Made an Edit to it
Today I was currently at 8 Pending Submissions, but after editing something about one of them that's been awaiting approval for the past 4 months, it disappeared from my Pending Submissions List. It's the submission that uses this as it's source: https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-4312.html

Don't know how that could've happened, I swear I did not select it to be deleted from my Pending Submissions list, nor had it been reviewed by any staff yet to see if it's convincing enough.
It looks like the user was reset for some reason. I just fixed it and will look into what caused that to begin with.

Edit:
I think I figured out what happened and just made a change. When you have a chance, can you try editing one of your pending submissions (doesn't need to be much - just add a period to the trivia or something), saving it, and then let me know if it disappears again or edits correctly? Thanks!
(11-17-2018, 03:50 PM)Petie Wrote: It looks like the user was reset for some reason. I just fixed it and will look into what caused that to begin with.

Edit:
I think I figured out what happened and just made a change. When you have a chance, can you try editing one of your pending submissions (doesn't need to be much - just add a period to the trivia or something), saving it, and then let me know if it disappears again or edits correctly? Thanks!

The Pending Submission that disappeared thankfully enough is now back on my Pending Submissions list.
(11-17-2018, 08:32 PM)CuriousUserX90 Wrote: The Pending Submission that disappeared thankfully enough is now back on my Pending Submissions list.

Right - I fixed that one manually. Can you test editing one to make sure it doesn't happen again though?
(11-18-2018, 01:08 AM)Petie Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 08:32 PM)CuriousUserX90 Wrote: The Pending Submission that disappeared thankfully enough is now back on my Pending Submissions list.

Right - I fixed that one manually. Can you test editing one to make sure it doesn't happen again though?

Here's what I found Petie. I clicked the edit button on one of my Pending Submissions, then simply clicked the save button without making any changes to what was said in the submission or additional info below prior.
If you don't make any changes, it doesn't trigger an edit. I need you to make a change - it can literally be just temporarily adding a period or updating the note - and confirm that it doesn't disappear.
(11-18-2018, 01:17 PM)Petie Wrote: If you don't make any changes, it doesn't trigger an edit. I need you to make a change - it can literally be just temporarily adding a period or updating the note - and confirm that it doesn't disappear.

I typed in "Testing Testing" onto one of my Pending Submissions in the Source Notes then saved it, and it thankfully did not disappear.
Perfect! Thanks for testing and for bringing this bug to my attention.