Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Discussion: Ultimate has new Paultena's Guidances, but no new Codecs
This makes no sense, the fact that fighters not in Smash 4 gain a Palutena's Guidance in Ultimate, but fighters not in Brawl did not get their own Codec:

What doesn't make sense even more is that all that Codecs are left unchanged from how they were in Brawl, Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are the same even when the female version and Alph are out, they still say "here in Brawl", and even Link and Pit are the same though they're based off their Breath of the Wild and Kid Icarus Uprising versions respectively. Hopefully the development team can explain someday as to why this is the case.
Roy Campbell’s Japanese voice actor died a few years back. It’s a custom in Japan to retire a character if their VA died out of respect. So I imagine that, while they could’ve had Otacon and Snake talk. A bit of the charm would’ve been lost as other factors stopped them.
(09-18-2019, 07:09 PM)Thewelshyoshi Wrote: Roy Campbell’s Japanese voice actor died a few years back. It’s a custom in Japan to retire a character if their VA died out of respect. So I imagine that, while they could’ve had Otacon and Snake talk. A bit of the charm would’ve been lost as other factors stopped them.
You can't blame the passing of someone's voice actor for these years, Dr. Eggman's Japanese VA passed away in 2015 and Sonic's Archnemesis is still around, as did Professor Oak's Japanese VA last year. The development team themselves never said that about not doing additional codecs, thus leaving all the codecs from Brawl left in unchanged, once the truth is out then a VGFacts Submission about the lack of additional codecs could be posted.
Well, obviously Professor Oak and Dr. Eggman are much more important characters to the series. Being a series staple and the main nemesis respectively. Campbell, while important to the series, isn’t as vital to the series as the former 2. And since it is a fighting game and not the main series, I believe it may be more apt.
I’m open to the fact that their might be an alternative and simpler answer.
(09-21-2019, 03:45 AM)Thewelshyoshi Wrote: Well, obviously Professor Oak and Dr. Eggman are much more important characters to the series. Being a series staple and the main nemesis respectively. Campbell, while important to the series, isn’t as vital to the series as the former 2. And since it is a fighting game and not the main series, I believe it may be more apt.
I’m open to the fact that their might be an alternative and simpler answer.
Whatever the real reason behind it is, someone might post about it to VGFacts in the future. Even if games weren't going to feature Roy Campbell after his Japanese Voice Actor's death, it's still a mystery as to why the Development Team decided to still leave in all the Codecs from Brawl unchanged as if it still were Brawl when clearly lots has changed about particular fighters in the Smash Bros. series since then, such as with stating "Here in Brawl", referring to the Female Pokemon Trainer as a Male, referring to Alph as Olimar, and Link (now using Remote Bombs instead of Regular Bombs and losing his Clawshot) and Pit (now having changed a lot for being more the Kid Icarus Uprising version then the NES Era version) still sounding like it's the same respective versions of those characters since Brawl.