Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Leftovers from Mario Kart DS in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Dream Ice Hockey in the Wii Version takes place in Bowser's Castle, and it uses the music from the Bowser Castle courses from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

By taking a closer listen you might actually be able to hear leftover audio samples from gameplay of when Bowser Castle 2 was a Retro Track in Mario Kart DS, at points in the track you'll be able to hear the end of a countdown and from starting up an engine from that game.
After 2 years, the submission this trivia evidence piece had been for has been rejected, I mean surely you can hear left over audio pieces from Mario Kart DS. Now I'll be searching for another trivia piece for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games that's worth finding, if it means going into YouTube then I won't be able to view what I'm looking for till putting it into the trivia evidence piece, seeing as I'm still avoiding the use of YouTube right now.
Your trivia was rejected because the evidence wasn't specific enough. Where exactly are the Mario Kart effects? Give us timestamps of where the effects are used and we'll reevaluate the submission.
(09-13-2021, 03:15 AM)DidYouKnowGaming Wrote: Your trivia was rejected because the evidence wasn't specific enough. Where exactly are the Mario Kart effects? Give us timestamps of where the effects are used and we'll reevaluate the submission.

I hear it too, Curious isn't wrong. You can hear the leftover audio at the start of the soundtrack.

In this soundtrack, you hear it from 0:00, 0:50-1:00, 1:30, 2:20-2:30 and 3:02 found by CuriousUserX90. 

These are the leftover audio Curious was referring to:

(Skip to 0:05)

And I'm pretty sure the Dream Ice Hockey sounds similar to this WITH the second video's countdown SFX, but it CAN be submitted as second trivia, who knows:

(09-13-2021, 03:15 AM)DidYouKnowGaming Wrote: Your trivia was rejected because the evidence wasn't specific enough. Where exactly are the Mario Kart effects? Give us timestamps of where the effects are used and we'll reevaluate the submission.

I took another listen to the track upon seeing your reply to find where that left over audio came in at, with it being at those points: 0:00, a few times from 0:50-1:00, 1:30, a few times from 2:20-2:30 and 3:02.
Reposting to reconsider re-evaluation of the trivia. 

In this soundtrack, you hear it from 0:00, 0:50-1:00, 1:30, 2:20-2:30 and 3:02 found by CuriousUserX90. 

These are the leftover audio Curious was referring to:

(Skip to 0:05)

And I'm pretty sure the Dream Ice Hockey sounds similar to this WITH the second video's countdown SFX, but it CAN be submitted as second trivia, who knows: