Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tales of Phantasia SNES's sprite designs leftovers from TalePhantasia's development
TalePhantasia was the development scriptset which would form the basis for Tales of Phantasia for SNES, the first game in Tales Of-series.

TalePhantasia had prototype character names and designs, which were used as a work-in-progress, and the sprites of the characters on maps and during battle in the Super Famicom version of Tales of Phantasia are based on these prototype designs. These were made by Yoshiaki Inagaki.
These would be to be changed into the final designs used for main cast (in order Cless Alvein, Chester Burklight, Arche Klein and Mint Adnade) as they were redesigned by Kosuke Fujishima, presumably during last phases of the game development. This might had something to do with Phantasia's rocky development process, in which Namco made many changes to the final game, which sparked lots of controversy and protests from WolfTeam (the current Namco Tales Studio), the developer behind the original game.

Here's the concept art, showing the characters with prototype designs and names:

[Image: tumblr_mmcz5b5OLi1r5x89yo1_1280.png]

And here's the sprites:

[Image: lN9K0MD.png]

Sources: AseliaWiki, Wikipedia
Could you actually link to your sources, instead of just stating their names?
(05-08-2013, 05:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: Could you actually link to your sources, instead of just stating their names?

Done now. Sorry, was bit careless since I had to leave during writing OP.
Where can I submit this trivia to the site? I don't think "Contact Us" is the right place?

Is it?

In anycase, direct link to page where I can submit this?
http://www.vgfacts.com/game/

red button just above the game list.