Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Retro Gamers?
[Image: Sa3bNuo.png]
Just a thread I made since I couldn't find anything else like it.

Discuss old and (possibly rare) titles that you own and play, talk about whatever you want regarding them. What's your favorite of all time? What systems do you own? How many games?

I collect way to much to list but wouldn't mind seeing your collections. Personally I enjoy collecting/playing GameCube games best, the system just grew into a big chunk of my childhood. <3

What about you?
I collect anything retro I can get my hands one, even if I don't own the console.

Seriously I bought Metal Gear Solid, even though I don't own a PS1, I bought Psycho Fox even though I don't own a Mega Drive, and I bought Shadow Dancer for the Mega Drive even though I don't have half of the peripherals required to play it.

I keep my eye out for Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 games mostly, especially in that order. I always look for the blue jewel cases more than anything.

In terms of rare vidya I own, well...

Last July I bought Skies of Arcadia for £10. Finding out it's more than £50 online made me so happy, and it's for Dreamcast as well, so I had to buy it, I soon bought Legends for £22 in October, it's definitely my favourite JRPG, not sure about Dreamcast game though, there are too many to list that were good.

I own few retro consoles, as in pre-6th gen, Mega Drive, Gameboy, and Gameboy Colour, and I try to collect for them whenever I can, but for now. It's usually anything I can find.
I really like Retro games, but there are curten games that I like to find. Looking at my collection of games I have about 10 gamecube games, 6 X-box, and about 21-30 Playstation 2 games. I have about the same amount of Playstation 2 game that I do N64 games. I trying to fill up my NES games but those are harder to find.
My Sega Genesis games list of owned titles:
Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker
Earthworm Jim 1+2
Vectorman 1+2
The Lost Vikings
Golden Axe
Road Rash II
Taz in Escape From Mars
Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA playoffs
Streets of Rage II
Sonic The Hedgehog
X Men 2: The Clone Wars
Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing
Dick Tracy
Super Thunder Blade

I also am lucky enough to own the super rare Donkey Kong Nintendo 64 controller.
Oh god... What you guys are considering retro is making me feel so old.
(05-07-2013, 03:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Oh god... What you guys are considering retro is making me feel so old.
That's why I posted the borderline retro Genesis games.
What do we define as retro?
Pokemon crystal, and backwards.
Spyro,
twisted metal 2,
yugioh the forbidden kingdom (I may have gotten that name wrong)
The original Need for Speed, Tekken 3 and 4,
duck hunt is around here somewhere, morrowind,
crash bandicoot's original kart game,
bloody rage is around here somewhere,
final fantasy 5-9
etc.
Technically, retro is before 1999, but most of us are defining it as the generation last.
It's hard just to make one post over retro games, still play them [not always the original console, sometimes collections], sprite rip them for The Spriters Resource [tSR], still consider the Mega Drive / Genesis as my favourite console and don't have many due to the costs of cartridges back then. The last retro games I bought were Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and Sonic 2 Master System and that was years ago. Well that and a bunch of N64 games. Someone did buy me two Master System games of the same game strangely and another Speccy. Now that home computer is truely retro.

As for me, I did consider retro up to at least PS1/Saturn/N64 but since they are getting old, might as well include them now even though I grew up with them. Still don't class PS2, Gamecube, GBA as retro since they are too new [for PS2 games, you can still get them in stores] plus around about that time the Internet was getting more popular so it wasn't hard to bump into someone who liked Mario & Luigi when it came out and Dreamcast is getting towards borderline retro even though most of the games you can play elsewhere. Basically retro was the present, then it became the past, became forgotten then one day it became cool again. I wonder how long it would take for NES and SNES collectors to forget about these consoles again, after all many collectors don't even play the games.
I have an old SNES that is basically broken but i don't have the heart to throw out anytime soon. All I can remember is playing DK2 for hours and i have Yoshi Island that I haven't beaten.
(05-07-2013, 03:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Oh god... What you guys are considering retro is making me feel so old.

I did not want to count PS2 as retro, but people consider it as one, although I don't.

I really have a N64 with 15 games, a NES with 3 games, a SNES with 8 games, a few games for the PSX, and a few collections of retro games for the PS2 (aka megaman collection, Mega man x collection, Sonic Mega collection, etc).
(05-07-2013, 03:59 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: What do we define as retro?
Pokemon crystal, and backwards.
Spyro,
twisted metal 2,
yugioh the forbidden kingdom (I may have gotten that name wrong)
The original Need for Speed, Tekken 3 and 4,
duck hunt is around here somewhere, morrowind,
crash bandicoot's original kart game,
bloody rage is around here somewhere,
final fantasy 5-9
etc.

Anything you consider old really. Systems that aren't producing new titles anymore especially.

Spyro<3 never gets boring (just the 3 ps ones though)
Pfft, you kids and your play stations and letter boxes, back in my day you played Pong by mercilessly throwing rocks at eachother and trying to bat them away with sticks! We lost a lot of good sticks out there, but it weren't no metal gear that's for sure.
(05-07-2013, 08:47 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Pfft, you kids and your play stations and letter boxes, back in my day you played Pong by mercilessly throwing rocks at eachother and trying to bat them away with sticks! We lost a lot of good sticks out there, but it weren't no metal gear that's for sure.

Quiet old man/woman Arjhan! We'll play what ever we want and complain when we fell old when someone says the SNES came out 21 years ago. Now where was I? oh right. 21 YEARS?!?! I feel so old.
Let's see... I bought a Mega Drive II a year or so back. It didn't have any cables but for 5€ it was a nice purchase. Should propably try to find a regular Mega Drive and see if the cables fit.

I've owned a NES and an Amiga 500 since I was a kid, those two being my first consoles. I think Amiga was my first, with the couple hundred games my brother gave me with it. Later on it stopped working but I bought an older model 500 a while back so I can play the games again. Then I got a PS and later PSone, both of which I still have. Honestly, the only console I've ever sold away was my PS2 (so much regret) but I bought a Slim couple of weeks ago. Oh yes, and I have a Dreamcast with 6 games. GBC/GBA I own too, of course.

The only games I have no console for are Bart vs. The Space Mutants for Master System (used to play it at a place that does have an MS) and Sweet Home for Famicom that I bought to add to my RE collection.

Anyone else have any clone consoles? I bought a NeoGeo X and have one additional game for it called Ninja Masters. I totally need Retron5 when it releases, that thing plays SNES, Genesis and Famicom games.