Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Best Friend is a Super Saiyan so Let's Watch Anime!
[Image: tqSPHly.png]

Let me start by saying the purpose of this thread is to stop clogging up the "General Anime/Manga/Otaku Thread" thread and attempt to generate more interest in this.

Welcome to the anime streaming thread; where we stare at motion pictures of school girls with really huge eyes. If you ever wanted to get into anime or discover new series or just want to chill with some of the forum members then come on in and join the party! Stream goes from 3 to ??? (If the playlist runs out or if nobody's watching it anymore.)

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]What is Anime?

Well to put it simply:

ChipCheezum Wrote:It's cartoons like Popeye, but from Japaan~

No but seriously, Anime are Japanese animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation. Anime includes animated television series, short films and full-length feature films. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese. In English, the term is defined as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes. The intended meaning of the term sometimes varies depending on the context. This is an anime:

[Image: Nr7yOkf.png]

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]What Kinds of Anime will be Shown?

Any! It doesn't matter if it's good, bad, subbed, dubbed, shonen, shoujo, anime for dogs, movies, specials, etc. we're gonna see them all.* Each anime is given a fair shot to show off whatever its got. If it's bad, feel free to riff on it in chat for your entertainment. The purpose of these streams is to allow you the chance to find new stuff to get into. Also please support the official releases whenever possible and available.

*We're not actually gonna see them all.

[Image: aDVsjwe.gif]Important Info
  • To participate in chat you need to register an account.
  • Don't be a jerk in chat.
  • In-between showings there will be a 2-4 minute intermission. Please use this time to make a snack, stretch your legs, whatever humanly needs you need to take care of.
  • Streaming starts at 3:00 PM Central Time every other Friday (starting on May 24).

Important Linkz:

http://justin.tv/flufflover (Primary channel.)
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3763955 (Secondary channel.)

Miscellaneous Fluff

6/7/2013: Stream is moved to tomorrow at 3p.m. due to internet problems.

6/21/2013: I'm gonna have to cancel today's stream as I'm gonna go somewhere where I'll have very limited interwebs so we'll see if we can do it next week. Additionally, with my roommate moving out I no longer have access to a router meaning I can't stream and watch my stream/use the chat unless I can think of something around this (Coupled with the other issues of streaming) or we consider a format change.

Alternate Thread Titles

-A Classmate Gave me Superpowers so Let's Watch Anime!

-Help! My Eyes are too Huge and the Only Cure is Watching Anime!

-Let's Watch Anime! - ^_^Kawaii kiwi desuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~^_^

-Let's Watch Anime - Where a Slap in the Face Sounds the Same in Every Language
<Reserved slot for future use>
This is so kawaii desu that I f****ng blew up a hospital.

Oh, and a movie request: Either one of the live action DragonBall movies from the 90s. I'm serious. I know it's not anime but related in interesting ways. Now that everyone can see how insane I am (and also to ask if anime related live action is okay), I'll throw a few via PM.
The whole point of "General Anime/Manga/Otaku Thread" is for stuff like this. You're supposed to clog it up with this kind of stuff. I don't get it.
To keep us updated on the streams without the stream announcements getting lost in anime and manga talk and vice versa.
So were gonna watch anime? Awesome. How do we do this exactly?
(05-15-2013, 02:49 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: So were gonna watch anime? Awesome. How do we do this exactly?

You go to the stream links found in Matt's post when a stream is announced, sit back, watch anime and chat with ppl :P
(05-15-2013, 02:23 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: The whole point of "General Anime/Manga/Otaku Thread" is for stuff like this. You're supposed to clog it up with this kind of stuff. I don't get it.

(05-15-2013, 02:42 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: To keep us updated on the streams without the stream announcements getting lost in anime and manga talk and vice versa.

That and that thread won't go on for pages just talking about streams. Think of it as a sister thread.

Besides I worked fairly hard on the op, don't take this away from me. T_T
I think this thread is perfectly fine because as much as I want to go to the streams here, I want to keep actual anime talk within the other thread and not just "We're streaming!".
Here's the movie lineup so far:

[green] = Definite
[red] = Maybe, looking for source
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
  • Lupin III Movie: Castle Of Cagliostro
  • -Unfilled slot-

As the streaming date draws closer I'll dig through the suggestions I was given to fill out the rest of the lineup. Also as this is not a normal stream, I am extending the intermission to 10 minutes and I'll have some short filler anime playing during them, so viewers who choose to not spend the 10 minutes to do whatever will have something to look at. I'm also considering moving the start time back to maybe 1 PM Central time to allow more time for movies.
Oh please tell me that the filler anime is Cromartie. It has to be. That shit is golden.

Also thanks for including that Layton movie :D
Just noticed that Saiyan is misspelled in the title.
Or for the filler anime we could have a loop of Goku powering up, that'll take up 10 mins for sure. Start at 1:00 if you want to see what I'm talking about.
Or just this in infinite loop.

(05-18-2013, 02:20 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Just noticed that Saiyan is misspelled in the title.

Oh, for fffs I knew I should have looked that word up before posting.

Anyways, I will showing filler anime that was created by the same guy who did Cromartie and other thing that's short, and Cromartie itself I guess.

Also since we're on page 2, anything updated information can be found in the Miscellaneous Fluff section of the OP.