Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
All of the Street Fighter Alpha lore is translated
The "All About Street Fighter Zero 2" and "All About Street Fighter Zero 3" strategy guides have rather lengthy pages of story-related text. These pages have been relatively ignored or under-discussed within the community. But some Redditors recently took the time to comb through every character profile and translate them for our reading pleasure. Check 'em out.

Street Fighter Alpha 2
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/c..._profiles/

Street Fighter Alpha 3
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/c..._profiles/
Awesome. Its great to see all this lore finally being translated.
Hey Drake, do you mind if this thread is merged into the general fighting games thread? The site isn't really active and honestly this thread can't last for long as its own standalone thing.

Do you mind if this thread is merged into the general fighting games thread or do you wanna keep the thread intact? I mean no disrespect by asking this.
Anyways, I'll contibute to the thread by giving my opinions on each story. I'll start with the Alpha 2 stories.

Alpha 2 Ryu: The origins of the Shinku Hadouken, interesting. I like how Ryu learned the technique on his own.

Alpha 2 Ken: LOL, even in lore Ken Masters wins by doing Shoryu spam. Capcom predicted online Ken! EDIT: Oh yeah, and its cool to see the origins of the shoryureppa.
Alpha 2 Chun-Li: So we got to see how Chun-Li got into martial arts, as well as the origins of the Hyakuretsukyaku and the Senretsukyaku. Nice

Alpha 2 Sagat: Sagat kicked the shit out of Adon. We get to see the origins of the Tiger Genocide. Nice.
Alpha 2 Adon: I little backstory on Adon and why he hates Sagat. Ok.

Alpha 2 Birdie: So that is the reason why Birdie decided to leave the world of Pro-Wrestling? Interesting. I didn't expect that.
Alpha 2 Guy: An extended version of Guy's ending in Alpha 1. Some mention on the Bushin Hasoken. Nice.

Alpha 2 Sodom: So the reason why Sodom is a weaboo is not because of anime, but rather because of Richard Chamberlain's Shogun? Huh, interesting. I didn't expect that.
I love how they emphasize how Sodom doesn't really understand Japanese culture (just like most weaboos).
Alpha 2 Charlie Nash: some insight into Charlie Nash and the way he trains his troops. Summersault Kick in action. Nice.

Alpha 2 Rose: Some insight into Rose's work as a fortune teller. Rose uses Soul Illusion. Nice.
Alpha 2 M.Bison (Dictator): This confirms that Dictator can't turn fear into psycho power. Some insight into Dictator's lust for power. Nice.

Alpha 2 Akuma/Gouki: some insight into why Akuma decided to learn the Satsui no Hado and the fight between him and Goutetsu. Nice.
Alpha 2 Dan: some insight into Dan's psyche. The death of his dad, his desire for revenge, etc. Nice.

Alpha 2 Dhalsim: Some info about Dhalsim's backstory, his relationship with his wife Sally, and the power of yoga. Nice.
Alpha 2 Zangief: So that's how Zangief came out with the idea of the Spinning Piledriver and the Final Atomic Buster? It does make a little sense, I suppose. It's alright.

Alpha 2 Gen: A story showing us how much of a badass Gen is and how far ahead he is of other assasins. Nice.
Alpha 2 Rolento: Rolento teaches his troops the meaning of the phrase "Take no Prisioners". Nice.

Alpha 2 Sakura: Sakura shenanigans. We are introduced to one of Sakura's friends. Nice.

Alright! That wraps it up for the Alpha 2 profiles!
Man, its a shame how this lore remained untranslated for so many decades. It makes me wonder what other pieces of SF lore remain untranslated.
I'm gonna start with Alpha 3 and man, there's lore for both the character and their respective stages? Alright, that's cool.

Alpha 3 Ryu: What caught my attention is that instead of saying that his fighting style is Ansatsuken, his profile says that he's creating his own fighting style which is a mixture of Karate, Judo, and Taekwondo. Perphas Ansatsuken wasn't yet established in the lore back when this game was released?

Ryu's stage: so it's implied that not a lot of people even know what Suzaku Castle is and where is located. I'm interested in the story behind that stage. Why was that castle built? Who owned it? So many questions. I like how interacting with Ryu revived that stranger's passion for art.
Alpha 3 Ken: "He has experienced many victories in tournaments like the World Fighting Championship"? There are other World tournaments besides the ones from Street Fighter 2 and 4 (granted, SF4 wasn't a thing yet. But still)? I knew about the Pan-American fighting tournament. But there are OTHER world fighting tournamets besides those two?

Ken's stage: By this point in time Ken has a rather complicated relationship with his uncle. I don't think I've ever heard of his uncle until know, only his father. The story also shows how strong Ken is compared to the more normal fighters.