Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
E3 Discussion - From Predicting to the Conferences
Right, it's that time of the year where game companies far and wide (or nearby in EA and Microsoft's case) travel to LA to show off their latest games and new games on the horizon as well as new console info. They call it E3. For many, it is the look of the new products and for some mocking the conferences when one of the companies goof up.

Please note: Try not to post any rumours (unless they are your predictions) until the events start at 11th June where all the latest news will be given and posted here from the Microsoft, EA, Sony, Konami, Activision, Ubisoft conferences and Nintendo Direct.

Since the event hasn't started yet, I'll do some predictions of two types. One is what I'm hoping for and it can be as silly as possible following your heart and one is the expectations that are much more realistic and more or less guaranteed to happen. I will do this as neutrally as possible to avoid any fan trouble. Oh and don't expect much game footage in the event unless the game is available to play, these days usually they show the cutscenes or game engine renders, also don't expect the DRM/noDRM references here since the game companies want to market it as much as possible.

Nintendo Direct

What I hope:
Confirmation of the new white Premium package for US and Europe with the upgraded battery
All new Wii Us will have the new battery
An exclusive partnership with Namco (not just Smash Bros) like Sega with Sonic and Platinum Games. It's just that I'm struggling to think of any Japanese developers that would work with Nintendo still.
A Wario Land game on the 3DS or the Wii U
F-Zero Wii U but silm chance along with any future Star Fox games.
A new IP that is big enough for retail release
Retro's new game that's in development, should be nearly ready now
A localisation of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for US and Europe

What I will expect:
The new 3D Mario, Mario Kart U, Wii Fit U and Wind Waker HD to be shown in playable demo form
Final versions of Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 to be playable before release
Bayonetta 2 will be shown alpha footage and possibly Smash Bros U/3DS as well
Footage of Pokemon X/Y
A teaser of the new Zelda game and more footage/possible playable demo of Link to the Past 2.

Microsoft

What I hope:
Lucid Games is rumoured to be making a game on the system, when asked about the Xbone on EuroGamer in a developers article, they were defensive about it when the other companies were back lashing against it. Hoping it is Project Gotham Racing or new IP.
The full breakdown on the Xbox One (Xbone) with rough release date and price
As well as the new IP of various genres, hoping that Microsoft will return to some series that they abandoned on the PC/original Xbox and are aware of them e.g. Crimson Skies, Midtown Madness, Motorcross Madness, Amped (can see this as a Kinect game though...), Rallisport Challenge (maybe Playground Games can do this one or Midtown), Age of Empires even Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Lower entry barrier, while I can't see the XBL subscriptions going down in price hoping due to this new system Microsoft will either offer a cheaper console or cheaper first party games or even to ease with free basic online play
Selling back digital games, this would given an advantage compared to Steam in downloadable terms (unless Valve and Sony do it too)
Proof that Crimson Dragon isn't cancelled

What I expect:
More footage of Forza 5
Footage from the next Halo game whether it is Halo 5, Halo 2 HD or Halo spin off, expect some interaction with their new mobile game with Microsoft Smartglass, Fable HD, Quantum Dream, possible footage of the new Gears of War game, Crackdown, Dead Rising 3 [Capcom] and Killer Instinct
Footage/playable demo of Fantasia, Kinect Sports
New IPs but not sure whether they all mainly Kinect games, a mixture or mostly games
A reference to a partnership with EA
A sneaky reference regarding media and TV but it would be mainly about games this time

Sony

What I hope:
The full breakdown on the PS4 with rough release date and price (note: I expect this on the PlayStation Blog for the regions near time though)
The publisher that SCEE was trying to get for the Vita is Take Two (Rockstar/2K) that means a GTA game on the Vita (either San Andreas Stories or a Vice City spinoff in between 4 and 5), NBA 2K, Bioshock Vita and Borderlands Vita
Proof that The Last Guardian is not cancelled
The Vita is not dead commercially by announcing more games, a price drop and an upgraded model
Hoping Gran Turismo releases on the Vita too

What I expect:
What the PS4 actually looks like, it's not long now before the machine is in production in China
Gameplay footage of Gran Turismo 6, Tearaway, Rain
Playable demo of The Pinball Arcade (Star Trek: The Next Generation table, PS4 version), FarSight have confirmed this
Possible playable demos of Jak & Daxter Collection Vita, Sly Trilogy Vita at most
Extended footage of Knack, inFamous Second Son, Killzone, DriveClub, The Witness
The conference will mention the indies

EA

What I hope:
A new IP
A return of a classic game, either a Strike game or a new Road Rash
New TimeSplitters game or a release of the first 3 games
Might be too early but possibly Criterion's new Back to the Future game, I think that's what the developer was hinting
The new Star Wars game gets released on the Wii U at least as well as the others, maybe Vita too

What I expect:
Gameplay footage of FIFA 14, new Madden
Cutscene footage of Need for Speed: Rivals, Battlefield 4, new Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge 2 (either an Xbone exclusive or Xbone exclusive DLC), possible cutscene footage of the new Star Wars game
EA games developed by Danger Close and Viscreal Games since EA Canada is too busy with sports, DICE is too busy, Bioware is too busy and Criterion take their time - might be linked to the Star Wars game
EA explaining how FIFA and Madden are the top selling games in the world and a reference to a partnership with Microsoft

Activision

What I hope:
A new IP and two
Possibly bringing back Pitfall Harry
Reintroducing Crash Bandicoot but more in the line of the Naughty Dog era.

What I expect:
More cutscene footage of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Destiny, a prop of the dog, Skylanders: Swap Force with unannounced Xbone/PS4 versions, the 2 Vicarious Visions games that are in development (expecting one of them though), game by Sledgehammer Games and Call of Duty Vita.
Saying how successful that Call of Duty and Skylanders are.

Ubisoft

What I hope:
A new IP or two for the PS3/360/Wii U/PS4/Xbone/PC
Gameplay footage of Beyond Good and Evil 2
A new Driver game on Xbone/PS4/PC/Wii U
Hoping that the new Far Cry is more over the top like Blood Dragon, not a sequel to Blood Dragon (even though I wouldn't mind) but similar

What I expect:
Not much really since most of their games are coming out at the end of the year (Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends) but as a guess
Cutscene/gameplay footage of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed Spinoff on the Vita, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Furious 4, Just Dance 5 (with Xbone Kinect version/360 Kinect and Wii U)
New Far Cry game for PS4/Xbone/PC

Konami:

What I hope:
Bring Hudson back from the dead by Konami annoucing new Bomberman, Adventure Island, Bonk games
A new IP developed in Japan
Zone of the Enders 3 with the FOX engine
New downloadable Contra game
Re-release of Snatcher and officially translated Policenauts to download

What I expect:
Since Konami only seem to work on a few games now I except gameplay footage of PES 2014, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and cutscene footage of Metal Gear Solid 5. That's it. Possible new Silent Hill game as well.

Yeah, not very exciting.
Does anyone have a link to where I can watch online coverage? I used to watch it on x-play but that kind of isn't an option anymore.
(06-06-2013, 11:12 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Does anyone have a link to where I can watch online coverage? I used to watch it on x-play but that kind of isn't an option anymore.

Spike will be airing Microsoft's and EA's. You can also watch Microsoft's on Xbox Live and Xbox.com.

EA (I'm assuming anyways)

Nintendo will be doing a direct.

Sony.

Ubisoft or Ubisoft
I'm only interested in what Capcom and Square have to show us. Then again, they'll propably leave all the good stuff for TGS.
http://www.e3.nintendo.com/
Nintendo posted their E3 link on facebook, so I thought I'd share.
To be honest I'm probably only going to watch Nintendos, Nintendo Direct(s).
I think it'll be better than last year, last years was terrible.

Microsoft and Sony will be trying to show off new games for their consoles, so that'll be interesting. Nintendo are doing a direct, which will be showing off 3DS and Wii U games, EA will probably be showing off their new games, such as Battlefield 4, and Ubisoft will continue being Ubisoft and show off their cool games. Hopefully Watchdogs. Konami will probably show some more of MGS5/Phantom pain, and other games they might have lined up, and Activision will just show CoD and probably some other games they have so far.

I'll try to watch them all, but the only interesting one so far is Nintendo, I can't pass up Smash Bros, and Smash Bros on 3DS.
I will watch the 3 big ones (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft) but I am not too sure about some of the developers. I am not a huge Ubisoft fan so that one I might pass up but here is hoping that everyone settles down after E3. The console wars have really escalated over these past few months.
Quote: Reintroducing Crash Bandicoot but more in the line of the Naughty Dog era.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen.
Yeah Crash is no longer Naughty Dog's IP, they sold the IP to some other company or so I believe.
Here are my predictions:

- Nintendo and Sony will both dominate E3.

The end.
A pop-star will perform on Microsoft conference.
(06-10-2013, 02:55 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: A pop-star will perform on Microsoft conference.

[Image: untitled-1m0zbqeixjd.gif?04b9a0]
Is anyone going to watch today?
Going to an interview today, so I'll probably just browse the web. It's not like I'm only totally stoked for Nintendo's tomorrow or anything.