Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Today's "Events"
I'm sure most of you are aware of what's going on, probably even more so than I am at the moment. I've gotten a number of reports and requests and I've read through a ton of posts (still doing so actually) but I did want to give you an update. A Zombie Riot has chosen to step down and apparently leave the site. His decision was actually made before I had a chance to finish going through everything. I still plan to get through the rest of these posts to get a better understanding as to what happened but it would seem that this matter is at an end.

To everyone who attempted to resolve this in a civil way, I thank you. I'd like to make it clear to everyone that you should not be afraid to state your opinions. The staff are here to enforce board rules, not their own opinions and if you disagree with how a staff member is performing these duties and especially if an action has been taken against you that you felt was unfair, please contact me and I'll get it sorted out.

And on the subject of rules, while I'm not quite sure on the specifics of how I plan to do this yet, do know that moderators cannot arbitrarily make new rules or change existing ones. Rules definitely need to be discussed and approved by us before they go into effect.

To sum this up, I apologize if this community has made you feel unwelcome or has otherwise dampened your spirits recently. With all three of us busy trying to finish other projects, we haven't had a ton of time to monitor things here and it got a bit out of hand. I hope that things can just get back to normal now that everything is over but if you have any further questions or concerns, please post them here and I'll address them to the best of my ability.
Is the "new rule" going to be removed from the Forum Rules board?

http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=29
Just removed it, though I plan on posting a more official set of rules at some point in the near future.
(06-07-2013, 11:36 PM)Petie Wrote: Just removed it, though I plan on posting a more official set of rules at some point in the near future.

Sounds good to me.
Okay, so after reading through everything, I can safely say that the way he was behaving was unacceptable for staff. I've always tried to make sure those representing the site are held to a high standard and so the end result of the day would likely have happened regardless of his choice.

That said, I do not mean this to bash or even cast a negative light on A Zombie Riot. I don't want him attacked in this thread, especially since he won't be around to defend himself. I just want it known that I do not condone his actions and they did not reflect the thoughts or values of the site.
I am relieved to hear about this, I do not know why he was acting as he was and I promise you that I was not trying to egg him on or anything like that.
I'm really sorry this had to happen. I know you guys are still in the middle of trying to get the new server running properly and a fight between a mod and a few members should not have been added to the list.
The only good that came out of this, is that even though the admins and site staff are dealing with things on the site, they still have the time to deal with a small problem involving the members and moderators.

That takes commitment.
I posted a new thread in General Discussion titled "Chain of Events"