Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum loading excruciatingly slowly
Hey guys, lately I haven't been using the forums much because whenever I try to do anything on the forums, it takes absurdly long, like 30+ seconds per page load long. It's not my machine either, everything else loads perfectly fine. The forums have the following error on top of the page
Can anyone help me out? Also, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, it's just so damn painful to read through stuff on the forums now -.-
I can tell you're having problems. Not even your avatar is loading.
What's funny is, while that normally wouldn't be related at all, you're actually right. PHP is likely trying, unsuccessfully, to do something with his avatar which is not currently accessible at its old URL.

Arjahn, I've removed your avatar for now. You are welcome to re-create it but I have a feeling that this will fix your problem. Let me know if that does it. I also edited the first line of your error text as I'd rather not have file paths directly visible when it can be avoided.
Holy crap, that did it.

ALL HAIL PETIE, LORD OF THE CHICKENS!

I helped too...
(06-08-2013, 11:21 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I helped too...

Yes, yes you did, here's an award befitting someone of your caliber.

I'll let you fill that out yourself.
(06-08-2013, 11:12 PM)Petie Wrote: I'd rather not have file paths directly visible when it can be avoided.

You should probably tell PHP not to do that, then.
(06-11-2013, 07:00 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 11:12 PM)Petie Wrote: I'd rather not have file paths directly visible when it can be avoided.

You should probably tell PHP not to do that, then.

Unfortunately, MyBB has its own error handler that I don't have a whole lot of control over. I turned off all display of errors which should hopefully prevent that from happening in the future but the forum software can be a bit particular when you mess with its errors so we'll see what happens.

Edit:
Yup, as I feared, hiding MyBB's errors and warnings breaks the main site unfortunately.
[Image: UsYDhV1.png]
So I'm not the only one. This has been happening off and on for a wile. Are you guys trying to do something?
We're working on trying to resolve some of our speed issues. Unfortunately, this involves taking the database server offline for small increments of time occasionally, which is why you might see that message every once in a while.
It's a little annoying, but if it will fix the problem we have with over 500 people on the site at once, fiddle away.
Problem doesn't seem to be with the number of concurrent users but rather with something causing our MySQL server load to skyrocket - this has been a pain to figure out because as this is a production server there's not much debugging we can do while the sites are live.

Fear not, though; We will track the issue down and we'll get it fixed as quickly as possible.
Is that the problum? I kept track of when I was having problums and how many people were on line an it always seemed that over 500 people were on when it happened (about 550 if I remember correctly), so that's why I thought it was the people making it slow.

Ether way, thanks for at lest trying to fix it.
Finding it any better at the moment?