Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Least Favorite Pokemon Rival
In the games only.

Anyway, mine are a tie between Hugh and Barry.

I dislike Barry because he's just annoying as hell and cocky and Hugh because he's an a**hole to everyone including you.
Hugh as a reason though. His sisters Pokemon was stolen and enslaved to work for Team Galactic. Being focused on a goal that's that well developed is a first for Pokemon games. Compared to the previous games which were
"I'm gonna beat you and be the best" followed by you random encountering them conveniently at story related events. Hugh was a first for Game Freak to actually try and flesh out a rival; which is why for me, all the other rivals are so-so.
Since I have only played the Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness I would say Team Snagem.
(06-15-2013, 12:10 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Hugh as a reason though. His sisters Pokemon was stolen and enslaved to work for Team Galactic. Being focused on a goal that's that well developed is a first for Pokemon games. Compared to the previous games which were
"I'm gonna beat you and be the best" followed by you random encountering them conveniently at story related events. Hugh was a first for Game Freak to actually try and flesh out a rival; which is why for me, all the other rivals are so-so.

Um, it's Team Plasma, not Galactic.

Just wanted to point out something.
Silver, or the Gold/Silver rival. He just seemed like a dick with no purpose who complained constantly after stealing an old guy's pokemon. That's just mean, and he never really had any reason to do it other than he felt like it, as opposed to Blue who you had an actual rivalry with, this guy just shows up and fights you sometimes, then blames it on his Pokemon when you beat him.

Also, not sure if it counts, but Wally. Why? Because that asshole got a Ralts on his first wild pokemon encounter ever. Lucky bastard.
(06-15-2013, 02:38 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Silver, or the Gold/Silver rival. He just seemed like a dick with no purpose who complained constantly after stealing an old guy's pokemon. That's just mean, and he never really had any reason to do it other than he felt like it, as opposed to Blue who you had an actual rivalry with, this guy just shows up and fights you sometimes, then blames it on his Pokemon when you beat him.

Also, not sure if it counts, but Wally. Why? Because that asshole got a Ralts on his first wild pokemon encounter ever. Lucky bastard.

The main reason for Silver to act like that was actually pretty easy to miss, (it required event here, event there) but to sum it up easily, he is the son of Giovanni, and got sick of their actions, but now homeless and not really knowing any other way followed an anti-social policy until he saw the chance of action with the Pokemon he could steal.
He wanted to put a stop to stuff like that but didn't really know much about anything else.

For me, the 4th gen. blonde kid annoyed me quite a bit.
Yeah, the 4th gen Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Kid was annoying as hell.
[Image: pokemon_soul_silver_conceptart_MMo7D.jpg]

Yeah this asshole, always talking like an ass and NEVER anything else. He always pushes his Pokemon and is ALWAYS cocky. Heck GARY had more emotions then this guy, and he was the one who kept saying "Small ya later."

Smug pricks.
(06-16-2013, 09:52 AM)Xannidel Wrote: [Image: pokemon_soul_silver_conceptart_MMo7D.jpg]

Yeah this asshole, always talking like an ass and NEVER anything else. He always pushes his Pokemon and is ALWAYS cocky. Heck GARY had more emotions then this guy, and he was the one who kept saying "Small ya later."

Smug pricks.

That's actually why I really like him as a rival. He's just not some best friend or childhood friend, but a prick who really gets you riled up and more motivated to kick his ass during all the times you battle.

Didn't care that much for Barry.
I guess for me, a rival is not someone you want to hate (out loud at least) but someone who continues to spur you on with jokes and whatever. Gary was my favorite because of that. I did not take him that seriously and I even follow the Garry's radatta creepypasta.

With Silver/Gold's rival he was nothing but a slave driver who always complained about how weak his Pokemon were and blaming them instead of his crap attitude. Pokemon are not meant to take that sort of abuse and I think he is the worst.

Just my 2 cents lol.