Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mew/Mewtwo
Alright, so I was doing some pokemon research and found that Mewtwo was already in the Pokemon game, but Mew wasn't even known by most of the people who made the game.
"And so, Mew itself was quietly inserted into the code, and although the higher-ups at Game Freak were all aware of the new hidden content, Nintendo wasn't."
Only the High-ups of rare Knew about Mew, and No one from Nintendo knew. Yet In the game, The Pokémon Mansion journals say;

Diary: July 10
We christened the newly discovered Pokémon, Mew.

Diary: Feb. 6
Mew gave birth.
We named the newborn Mewtwo.

No one at all (The public) knew about Mew until the glitch, yet in-game There is evidence that Mew exists. It's understandable that some people didn't remember this, or care, since after collecting/seeing 150 pokemon some might not remember everything about the game. But I see it as a bit weird. Did no one from Nintendo play-test the game and say "Hey, Who's this Mew? There's MewTwo, But I've never heard of Mew." Was there no one in Nintendo who play-tested the game? No one at all questioned Mew?

I'm probably missing some info on this, And If I am, just tell me, And I'll add it/correct myself. This just intrigued me.

And that "Mew Gave Birth" thing is a completely different subject.

Edit: Woops, forgot to site my Sources.
Here,~here,~and here.
Well, everyone knew that Mew existed, however nobody knew that Mew was actually in the game. I can't say for the validity of that last, but it at least explains how there are direct references to Mew.
(06-16-2013, 12:12 AM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: Well, everyone knew that Mew existed, however nobody knew that Mew was actually in the game. I can't say for the validity of that last, but it at least explains how there are direct references to Mew.

Multiple Wikipedia entries (You know, the site that never lies?) say that the Game was originally released in 1996, while the Anime and Manga were Released in 1997. February 27, 1996 was the release of Pokemon Red in Japan, and Mew wasn't discovered until April 1996. I'm still looking for an ACTUAL answer, because one has to be out there.
Mew should have been well known by the game's release since it was tradmarked in 1994, well before the game was even revealed.

You're misunderstanding what people are saying. They didn't "not know about Mew"--as in, having no idea there was such a thing. They just were not aware it was in the game. Many more Pokemon than the original 150 were made prior to Red and Green being released, and quite a few of them were just left by the wayside (to later be reused in Gold and Silver). Most at Nintendo and Gamefreak thought Mew was one of these Pokemon.
(06-16-2013, 02:22 AM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: Mew should have been well known by the game's release since it was tradmarked in 1994, well before the game was even revealed.

You're misunderstanding what people are saying. They didn't "not know about Mew"--as in, having no idea there was such a thing. They just were not aware it was in the game. Many more Pokemon than the original 150 were made prior to Red and Green being released, and quite a few of them were just left by the wayside (to later be reused in Gold and Silver). Most at Nintendo and Gamefreak thought Mew was one of these Pokemon.

Ooh, alright. Now The Pokemon World makes sense again.
Thank you :3