Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Tekken or Ratchet and Clank?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tekken
70.00%
14 70.00%
Ratchet and Clank
30.00%
6 30.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

VGFACTS FORUM TOURNAMENT OF FRANCHISES (RE-ACTIVATED 8/15/ COME VOTE!)
Come one, come all to the VGfacts (un)official Tournament of gaming franchises! Here we will see forum members decide the unanswerable question of which gaming franchise is the greatest, the king, the final boss among the henchmen!

VOTE FOR ROUND FOUR - SLY COOPER VERSUS HARVEST MOON BY CLICKING HERE!

ROUND THREE IS OVER! The winner is Zelda with an astonishing 12 - 5 victory over Metal Gear, personally I suspect Beware of Cuccos rigging the votes, but we'll let it stand for now.

ROUND FOUR IS HERE! Sly Cooper vs. Harvest Moon! Ready? FIGHT!

LIST OF VICTORS:

Round 1 - Tekken 8-5
Round 2 - Bioshock 5-4
Round 3 - Zelda 12-5

[Image: LXOUl2g.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m88vtueJWM1rxyfk1o1_500_zpsb94bb107.gif]
Now that he's deleted it all, this gif makes almost no sense! :D

I'll only nominate one Franchise;
Mother/Earthbound Cause I love it, and it's a very deep game.
I agree with all of these, so I guess I can only think of one more.
1.Pokemon: I mean come on it's Pokemon everyone loves em and everyone knows em.
2.Naruto: They are my favorite fighting games.
[Open Slots]
Note that they don't have to be Nintendo franchises, that was just coincidental, they can be any game/series.
(06-18-2013, 02:21 AM)Arjahn Wrote: Note that they don't have to be Nintendo franchises, that was just coincidental, they can be any game/series.

I know, I just like Nintendo franchises.
Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and that's all I nominate.

They're pretty good franchises.
F Zero due to the fact that the series completely revolutionized the racing genre when first released and has influenced so many other series.

Metal Gear, because it's Metal Gear. 'Nuff said.

Earthworm Jim just due to the amazing humor and wackiness it had.

Harvest Moon. Who thought a game series about about farming/dating would become so famous or last so long?
What day will this be starting? I just want to make sure I don't miss it while i'm in Vegas.

Also, I want to nominate Banjo-Kazooie because they were amazingly fun games cut tragically short.
(06-18-2013, 08:37 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: What day will this be starting? I just want to make sure I don't miss it while i'm in Vegas.

Also, I want to nominate Banjo-Kazooie because they were amazingly fun games cut tragically short.

The plan currently is to accept nominations until Midnight of next Tuesday (CST) and then finish up the bracket by Wednesday morning, and host the matches for 5 days a piece.
(06-17-2013, 11:34 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Come one, come all to the VGfacts (un)official Tournament of gaming franchises! Here we will see forum members decide the unanswerable question of which gaming franchise is the greatest, the king, the final boss among the henchmen!

First, we must nominate our franchises! If you have any franchise that you think deserves to be placed alongside the legends, nominate it below with a quick reason (Just a quick sentence or two), once the nominations are all in order, the battle will begin!

Metal Slug 3 aka the king of shooters, the 3 first games of this franchise are already legendary.

ps: i'm joking, but they are very good^^
Resident Evil. I won't lie, I'm a huge fan of the series. Better reason would be that it's a ridiculously well selling franchise with more entries in the series, even outside of gaming, to be count. It is considered one of the forefathers of survival horror, an entire genre, and have the best selling videogame to movie adaptation series out of all other games (no matter how terrible it is).

Silent Hill. Psychological horror at its finest, these games have made kids cry and have nightmares for years now and while the future of the franchise is unstable, I still consider it one of the best franchises out there.

Final Fantasy. Okay, the recent entries might not have been the best games out there but what other franchise can say they literally begun as the final opportunity of a company to survive and have since sold millions and continued the series with ridiculous numbers.

Disgaea. The allmighty ruler of all SRPGs (at least in my mind) with it's absolutely ridiculous amount of content in each game and the king of grinding. If you have felt the agony of grinding in any RPG, quit your bitching and go and try to beat the level 9999 Overlord Baal with his clone minions all standing at the insane level of 9999 and having more HP and stat numbers the screen would be able to show.

I'm certain that if Cody posts in this thread he'll have SF on his list so I can happily leave it out of mine :)
(06-18-2013, 10:54 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Resident Evil. I won't lie, I'm a huge fan of the series. Better reason would be that it's a ridiculously well selling franchise with more entries in the series, even outside of gaming, to be count. It is considered one of the forefathers of survival horror, an entire genre, and have the best selling videogame to movie adaptation series out of all other games (no matter how terrible it is).

Silent Hill. Psychological horror at its finest, these games have made kids cry and have nightmares for years now and while the future of the franchise is unstable, I still consider it one of the best franchises out there.

Final Fantasy. Okay, the recent entries might not have been the best games out there but what other franchise can say they literally begun as the final opportunity of a company to survive and have since sold millions and continued the series with ridiculous numbers.

Disgaea. The allmighty ruler of all SRPGs (at least in my mind) with it's absolutely ridiculous amount of content in each game and the king of grinding. If you have felt the agony of grinding in any RPG, quit your bitching and go and try to beat the level 9999 Overlord Baal with his clone minions all standing at the insane level of 9999 and having more HP and stat numbers the screen would be able to show.

I'm certain that if Cody posts in this thread he'll have SF on his list so I can happily leave it out of mine :)
FF has already also been nominated if you want to snag in another spot. Or I could un nominate from my post, let you nominate it and nominate Metal Gear instead.

Check that, I already edited my earlier post and removed Final Fantasy and replaced it with Metal Gear since Mass Distraction got distracted and posted FF after I did. That's right, right?
Uh... Yes, yes that's absolutely correct.

RE was also mentioned before me but I really wanted to have it on my list :P
I will nominate the Fallout games along with the Neverwinter games, Starcraft and even Warcraft.
(06-18-2013, 09:13 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 08:37 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: What day will this be starting? I just want to make sure I don't miss it while i'm in Vegas.

The plan currently is to accept nominations until Midnight of next Tuesday (CST) and then finish up the bracket by Wednesday morning, and host the matches for 5 days a piece.

Ok perfect.